Business Director - Independent Communications Agency - London
An independent shopper marketing & experiential communications agency based in West London is looking for a Business Director with a "can do" attitude who will bring a positive attitude to the agency and help it flourish and reach its full potential.
Our client, based in West London, is an independent creative agency who believe in purposeful brand experiences which will change consumer and shopper behaviour and have been doing so since the early 90s, and have some of the most enviable clients in the industry. They specialise in experiential, shopper marketing, brand activation, ATL/creative brand strategy and strategic consultancy.
As Business Director, your key purpose is to drive your business unit forward through a hunger for creating opportunities, taking responsibility, making decisions, and always thinking about the bigger picture with your clients and the agency. You must have a strong focus on profit margins and lead an effective and motivated team. Other responsibilities of the Business Director include:
- Be indispensable to your clients business, ensuring your Clients consider you as their go to agency
- Develop strategic relationships with your Client, enabling you to provide solutions
- Challenge the way your Client works and have difficult and honest conversations when required
- Manage fee negotiations with Clients
- Lead your teams by example in taking effective commercial and financial decisions and ensuring GP targets are met.
- Plan, recruit and forecast team resource
- Support your ADs in client budget negotiations in particular working to ensure that time cost is properly recovered in line with utilisation targets Provide financial reporting to the Finance Director, working with him to drive the business
- Write an annual business development plan set against revenue targets and deliver this plan
- Raise the creative bar
- Manage account team recruitment and training to deliver expertise against our core offering - shopper / brand experience / digital
- Build and monitor positive and collaborative relationships within your team and across all departments
Is it you?
- Excellent presentation and communication and impeccable written and verbal skills
- Well presented, credible and articulate
- Positive, can do attitude who is energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Actively takes responsibility and ownership
- Team player who can create constructive, positive working relationships with all departments across the business
- Good knowledge of a range of marketing disciplines
- Experience of working successfully within industry with a strong track record of delivering results and working under pressure and to tight timelines
Salary: up to £80K plus benefits
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK for your application to be considered.
To be instantly considered for this role please click apply and send Ali your CV, and he will get in touch should your skills and experience be are what our client is looking for. Ali is available for a P&C chat if you would prefer - or mob: 07984 171873
Although we try to respond to all applications, unfortunately due to the high number we receive we are unable to respond to all of those who are unsuccessful.
We offer up to £250 in cash, vouchers, or a donation to Walking With The Wounded for any referrals who pass their probationary period, so if you know of anyone who might be interested please forward the link to them
Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter