Account Manager (£45K - £50K)
Line report: Business Development Director
Interested in working in a high performing, fast paced and agile start up, servicing big and impressive brands? Our client is a start-up content creation platform. It’s main aim is to bring the design and ease in-house by providing a platform that allows you to create beautiful content, publish it with ease and provides real time analytics.
The role: You will be both highly engaged with customers, comfortable in providing training sessions as well as incredibly detail orientated, working with the development team in proving high quality support. This is a great opportunity to have your say in a fast growing business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To actively manage trial and full licence customers with high quality support.
- Work closely with the Business Development Director to maximise opportunities to upsell to existing customers and manage contract renewals.
- Manage an allocated portfolio of large brand customers and grow accounts through strong interpersonal skills, exceptional product knowledge and excellent organisation.
- Work closely with senior stakeholders within the client business and all of the allocated licence users
- To work closely with the other Account Managers, support team and Technical Service team to develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge
- Provide training and ongoing support to our users for both licensed and trial customers.
- Engage with senior stakeholders to ensure business objectives/projects are on track
- To work closely with all Account Management staff to ensure that support documentation is regularly updated and of a high standard.
- Ensure high levels of client satisfaction and client retention.
- Upsell the services to customers, ensuring that both the full breadth of products and services are utilised across the customer’s organisation.
- Provide accurate and timely leadership reporting on clients.
- To maintain a central file of essential customer information and provide accurate and timely reporting leadership reporting for customers
- Manage technical and support tickets through the ticketing system
- Manage and respond to technical and non-technical queries raised by the client (we expect a deep understanding of all elements of the tool)
- Manage bespoke or customised requirements through various stakeholders in the business whilst ensuring the client is kept abreast of progress
- Provide support to fellow Account Managers when called upon
- Uphold the values and cultural ethos in all dealings internally and externally
Key result areas:
- Your performance will be measured by the achievement of the following objectives:
- Customer satisfaction and advocacy
- Service performance against SLAs
- Upselling of services (with support of Business Development Director)
- Ability to help customers improve performance of content
- Contract re-negotiation (with support of Business Development Director) and customer retention
- Support offered to fellow team members
- Ability to work productively with other functions and team members to deliver overall business success
- Member of the Account Management Team
- Managing a portfolio of c10-20 large brand trial and licensed accounts
- Revenue and satisfaction personal targets Experience skills and knowledge:
- You will ideally have previous experience working within a start-up
- Over 2 years’ account management experience of large brands
- Demonstrable experience of developing and delivering customer account plans
- Evidence of implementing solutions to improve customer service or running of an account management function
- Evidence of upselling to an existing customer portfolio
- Evidence of building strong customer relationships and delivering exceptional customer support
- Good understanding of designing and delivering process improvement
- Reasonable understanding of digital and content marketing would be preferable
- Good understanding of marketing technology (technology in general)
- A clear and compelling communicator
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong listening skills
- Able to interact with people at all levels demonstrating tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to analyse and resolve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Strong attention to detail