Account Director –Retail Events
This is an amazing opportunity for a highly ambitious Account Director to join this Global Information Company in a fantastic Marketing Solutions team for a maternity cover contract. There is every opportunity of creating a permanent role within company or the wider business for a candidate who is successful throughout this contract.
The Brand is the leading authority on retailing in the UK, providing industry news, insightful analysis, comment and key data covering the entire UK e-tail, multi-channel, store interiors, technology and property markets . They run a number of high profile award ceremonies, conferences and retail festivals in the B2B space and have the only publication to cover all the issues facing multiple retailers in one place.
Your primary function for this role is to generate revenue for the Brand portfolio of conferences, awards as well as bespoke solutions through their award-winning content marketing agency.
To develop, grow and retain existing sponsors and advertisers and to identify and introduce new customers in accordance with established strategic goals. You will predominantly focus on the Technology sector.
- To ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across entire brand through the management and growth of key accounts & generation of new business
- To raise and maintain brand profile in the market, in order to be the sponsorship and advertising media of choice
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues.
- To identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth, year on year
- Prepare sales plans for key accounts as appropriate
- To make the agreed number of visits and ensure regular contact with key clients in order to grow revenue and market share
- Relationship Management - Maintain regular contact (through both face-to-face visits and telephone contact) with your client list and build excellent working relationships in order to increase the brand share of their clients’ spend & YOY growth of all key account spend.
- Sales Performance - To support the Group Commercial Director to implement the operational sales plan, to deliver / exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. To identify and assess new product development to ensure sustainable growth
- Team Working - Work in partnership with the sales team to ensure that revenue targets are reached and exceeded where possible
Qualifications and Experience
- Consistent top sales performer
- DIPADA trained
- Face to Face sales experience to senior manager level (Ideally within the Technology sector)
- Experience of selling multi-platform solutions preferred – print, digital, bespoke, awards, conferences
Skills & Competencies
- Planning & Organisation- Sales plans / Manage and plan client visits so as to maximise time availability and sales opportunities / Maintain accurate and appropriate records of sales activities / Use of market research tools to track market performance
- Commercial Awareness - Understand the commercial strategy for Marketing Solutions. The ability to identify appropriate proposals for volume discounts, while maintaining appropriate yields
- Communicating and Influencing - Strong influencing skills, with an strong ability to overcome objectives / Strong negotiation skills, with the ability to close deals
- Relationship Building - To build strong relationships with external and internal customers maximising opportunities for collaboration across the team
Apply for Account Director –Retail Events
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly