Head of Design
4 days left
As a leading Brand and Innovation company with global reach, we are looking for sharp minds with a true creative flair. Curious people who get a real buzz from pushing the boundaries to create strong visual content with an infectious passion for challenging the status quo.
We are a London based brand and innovation company known for being curious, daring, intuitive and challenging conventions for the biggest global consumer, finance and retail brands. With an exciting year of growth under our belt in 2016 and the opening of our office in NYC, we are now looking to welcome a driven and inspirational Head of Design to team in London.
As Head of Design you will be a have a strong creative background with a forward-thinking portfolio that demonstrates an exceptional quality of work. You are strategically aware with a conceptual mind that enables true collaboration with your strategy colleagues. You have a real passion for developing people and enjoy building and developing an ambitious team of designers.
The purpose of our Design team is to partner with the strategy team, supporting through the process but ultimately to bring that strategy to life in ways that make it shareable and contagious for our clients. Our designers challenge strategists to think differently and translate strategy into graphic, film, animation and digital work.
This is a hugely exciting role to build and develop the Design Studio, taking the design team to a new level, working closely with the Management team to shape Butterfly’s growth.
Your role would include:
- Leading, inspiring and developing the design team including bringing in new key hires
- Accountability for ensuring the highest quality of all creative and design output
- Ensure design and creativity is at the forefront of Strategic thinking, from proposal writing to debriefing to our clients.
- Working collaboratively with the senior strategists to improve strategic and innovation outputs
- Manage resources and planning
- To manage and develop the design team
- Present design/creative work and participate to workshops
- Attend and present at conferences or seminar with your strategist colleagues
- Bringing a fresh point of view to our client’s challenges, and helping ensure Butterfly are always ahead of the curve in design thinking
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years experience working for a branding or marketing consultancies and/or clients side experience in a design and managerial function.
- Great leadership capabilities, excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong track record in developing and growing an ambitious team
- Be strategically aware and understand the principles of brand strategy and innovation
- You have a track record of wining and developing strong client relationships
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates strong creative thinking and innovative graphic design.
- Be versatile as a designer (graphics, films, digital) and comfortable working with international clients from varying sectors
- Passionate to learn and continually improve
We believe in the power of Emotions. Butterfly was born with the idea that emotions drive our behavior. We were founded 2009 with the clear ambition of becoming a leading brand strategy and innovation company with an expertise in building emotional connections between brands and consumers.
What also makes us different is that half of our strategic or innovation work takes place in the most fascinating emerging markets around the word, from Mexico to Russia. The Butterfly team, currently 40 and growing, truly reflect this diversity: over 20 languages can be heard within our studio!
The Butterfly nest is on The River Thames in SW London and we now also have our office across the pond in Manhattan NYC with great ambitions to spread our wings even further. There is still a strong start-up atmosphere within Butterfly valuing entrepreneurship, ownership and growth. We’ve got bags of experience, but we’re still fascinated by new trends, new directions and we are more than ever fueled by a sense of curiosity about the world.
Apply for Head of Design
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly