Digital and Social Marketing Executive
1 day left
Digital and Social Marketing Executive
(12-month fixed-term contract, with the potential to be made permanent for the right candidate)
Salary £30-£35k, depending on experience
The Roald Dahl Literary Estate (RDLE) manages the copyrights of the world’s number one storyteller - Roald Dahl. The slate of activity that the RDLE works on ranges from new publishing, merchandise and digital products to activating major new films, television series and stage shows. The Estate also develops and drives a range of branded platforms such as the annual Roald Dahl Day and new to market campaign platforms such as Roald Dahl’s Imaginormous Challenge.
The Digital and Social Marketing Executive drives and implements brand and marketing plans via digital channels — and will also proactively contribute to the growth of the brand through identification of new opportunities for content and collaboration opportunities within the digital and social space.
This role represents the most direct and regular touchpoint RDLE has with its fans and the position will therefore be filled by someone who is able to create best in class visual assets and exceptional copy which is representative of the Roald Dahl brand’s unique tone of voice.
This role will be ideal for a junior digital exec looking for the next challenge who is passionate about brand tone of voice and content on digital and who wants to be instrumental in driving what the world’s number one storyteller looks and sounds like on it’s already hugely popular channels.
Role and responsibilities:
- Run the RD social channels and continually work to further define and embody our unique brand tone of voice.
- Create and execute digital plans to compliment the overall marketing priorities and campaigns for the brand .
- Ensure digital plans are optimized to core audiences (teachers, children, parents) and tailored for geographic market aims.
- Create written and visual assets for the brand which exemplify it’s unique tone of voice – the digital marketing executive will have both strong design skills and a background in exceptional copywriting.
- Oversee, audit and optimize SEO for RDLE’s owned platforms.
- Manage and optimize RDLE’s ECRM programme looking at opportunities to tactically grow the audience and efficacy of the programme with key audiences and markets.
- Implement PPC for key campaigns
- Create and implement a paid social programme delivering growth in key markets and for target audiences.
- Be a driving force in refining the brand’s tone of voice on social and performing tactical testing as part of this refining process.
- Will audit the brands performance on key channels and continually report back to the business with suggest optimization tactics.
- Help determine the brands approach to influencer programmes and drive long term strategic development of the influencer network in the UK and US.
- Contribute directly to the growth of Dahl Day, Imaginormous and other Estate driven branded platforms.
- Add value to partners through proactive recommendations on how RDLE can support their promotional plans.
- Give reccomendations on using digital channels to bring key campaigns to priority international markets.
- Some experience with a variety of digital tools and software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Suite, email marketing platforms and Excel;
HTML and CSS
- Expertise in ECRM and knowledge of email programmes (Mail chimp, send grid)
- PPC and SEO
- Basic CMS
- Analytics and reporting
- Some knowledge of Keynote and InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
Key relationships summary:
- Marketing Director
- Managing Director
- Publishing Director
- Marketing Manager
- Licensing and Design Manager
- Finance and HR Director
- Assistant to the Managing Director
- PR & Comms Consultant
- Events Consultant
- Promotions Consultant (manager)
- US PR Consultant (manager)
- US Events Consultant (manager)
Other key partners
- Sunshine, and other creatives
- Agents representing RDLE in Theatre and Film, Literary and Licensed Product
- Marketing and PR teams at Penguin Random House and other publishers
- Marketing and PR team at the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre
- Marketing and PR team at Roald Dahl’s Marvellous Children’s Charity
- Marketing and PR teams involved with adaptations of the Roald Dahl copyrights in Theatre, TV and Film
- Marketing and PR team at key merchandise and product partners (including DRi in the UK)
- Marketing and PR teams at all other key partners and third parties involved in the ongoing or ad hoc development of the Roald Dahl brand.
- 3rd party brand partners
- Warner Bros (in relation to the 1971 wonka movie)
- Campaign specific sponsors and partners (Microsoft, Dylans etc)
Only applicants submitting a completed application form and covering letter will be considered for this position.
Apply for Digital and Social Marketing Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly