Senior Account Manager
OLIVER work with Google and Nest retail hardware teams across all key products.
This role will be based at OLIVER London HQ (Rosebery Avenue) with 2 days a week spent on-site with Google at one of their London locations.
Exposed to excellent account handling and stakeholder management experience.
Playing a pivotal part in the running, growth and development of the account.
Ensuring the smooth running of projects through all the various stages.
- Leading the AM team of 4 across Account Management, creative and production outputs
- You will oversee process.
- Gather assets and support, and lead projects.
- Manage the flow of projects with AM through their various stages; creating timelines, schedules, resource planning, managing costs/budgets.
- Supporting the team with day-to-day tasks, including general admin where required.
- Educating the client on best practice and creative excellence aross integrated campaigns
- Manage client projects providing strategic insight and cost effective delivery
- Identify new opportunities above the agreed scope of work
- Working with the AD to challenge and the client when necessary, whilst maintaing a positive relationship and ensuring we are always adding value.
- Providing strategic support where required
- Help the team to deliver creative work to a high standard
Experience and skills
- You must have had exposure working in a client facing capacity, taking full and conclusive briefs.
- Understand the mechanics of agency/studio life.
- You will be ambitious to progress quickly.
- You will be highly organised and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
- Good decision making under pressure
- Strong leadership skills
- Technology savvy
- Good people and relationship skills
- Strong time management and scheduling skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills, strong admin skills.
- Must be team-oriented and collaborative with the ability to problem-solve proactively and deal with multiple priorities; multi-tasking is a must!
- Experience in managing a team of 3 to 4 AM
- Ideally integrated experience – Retail, DM, print collateral, design and copywriting projects a must – as well as production.
- Knowledge in print process is a must as well as experience in the retail space (specifically POS and collateral)
- Leading the appropriate F2F meetings with clients + identifying when these need to happen.
- Ensuring clients are happy and supported at all times and lead where necessary.
- Setting up weekly status with on-site team
- Leading wash-up F2F meetings after campaign completion and quarterly with lead clients.
- Helping match up new opportunities with the appropriate solution - if we don’t have that solution, identifying that need so we can build it.
- You’ll be the closest person on the day to day to be able to identify this.
- Implementing and managing process.
- Outlining potential new growth opportunities to work with AD on
Understanding + integrating with the wider business:
- Building relationships with key colleagues - finance, HR/Training, digital, print, video teams, etc.
Take-over the complete management of the day to day:
- Managing AM teams in London and Germany; mentoring via best practice, managing resource across multiple media to staff up/down as necessary.
- Remain calm under the thrash + juggle multiple campaigns at a time.
- Being responsive to clients/management demands.
- Keeping AD in the loop, escalating where appropriate, proposing new/better process, potential upsell opportunities, asking for help/advice/ideas/thoughts, etc.
- Understanding where we are at all times in terms of billing and tracking.
- OLIVER specifics which you’ll be trained on:
- Traffic Live.
- MI Reports.
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s creating a new service for our clients or how we look after our team:
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for Oliver Marketing
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for themselves
- Takes on difficult challenges willingly and realistically
- Has a can do attitude
- Shows commitment to the company vision for growth through adding value
- Identifies a range of solutions to problems
- Thinks of improvements to things without being prompted
- Challenges convention by exploring alternatives
- Demonstrates role model behaviors consistent with our vision and values
- Leads by example
- Deals with challenges and problems in a positive and constructive way
- Encourages others
- Sets achievable but high standards
- Demonstrates good leadership skills
- Uses inspiring communications to motivate clients and colleagues
- Achieves outstanding results
- Acts with humility and honesty
- Demonstrably values the contribution of others
- Gives honest and direct feedback in a constructive manner
- Has excellent listening skills
- Shows the ability to change their opinion/view
- Acknowledges the contribution of others
- Views challenges as a learning opportunity
- Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time
- Does not often make the same mistake twice
- Is willing to take risks
- Learns from mistakes and takes action to personally change
- Acknowledges the importance of tracking results
- Accepts responsibility for actions
- Looks for accountability
- Sets goals and focuses on their delivery
- Is comfortable with hard and soft targets
- Shows a strong commitment to exceeding targets
- Sets own goals
- Has strong time management
- Has an analytical approach to objectives
- Can handle complexity and ambiguity
- Looks to make goals SMART without prompting
- Goes “above and beyond” to deliver the goal