Whilst all other agencies sit apart from clients, Oliver build dedicated agencies inside the clients’ organisations. We do this because we can be more effective inside. It allows us to operate at the speed of the client’s business, deliver better work, faster and drive their business forward.
As our clients’ needs evolve, we can give them access to relevant and specialist disciplines from across our entire agency. We can add these people in on a project-by-project basis or as permanent members of a brand-immersed team. This approach creates an agency that’s extremely flexible. It’s responsive to change and enables us to add to to the in-house agency skill set as and when needed.
Oliver is the UK’s fastest growing agency, following the successful integration of leading digital agency; Dare and several new business wins, it’s an exciting place to be with the opportunity to work in close partnership with some of the world’s leading brands across disciplines and markets.
Job purpose summary
The role of the Account Manager is to lead the delivery of integrated offline and online work and support the Account Director on all aspects of the business to drive the highest quality of output for high volume retail/ digital briefs, involving the development of strategy, technology, creative and design across in-store brand communications and out of store channels.
The role will have various duties including briefing creatives, transcreation team and third party agencies on the campaign and tactical items, estimating and campaign billing, creating, managing and presenting project plans, liaising with the client and managing expectations (schedules, delivery scope, resources).
We are looking for an individual who has previously worked as part of a fast-paced agency and can demonstrate integrated output with experience in an agile environment including Video Projects, Animation projects, Photoshoots, Internal communications/ Presentations, Strategic Work.
What we want to see is a proven track record of driving multiple complex projects forward, and the ability to secure new business. You should have meticulous attention to detail, and entrepreneurial approach, understand the importance of the profitability of your projects for the agency and you will have proven yourself as a safe pair of hands on the day-to-day management of the account.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Account Management & Project Delivery
§ Accountable for the day to day management of integrated briefs and the delivery of all output according to brand guidelines and client requirements
§ Consult at the briefing ideation stage to ensure that project needs are met with strong focus on channel/ customer journey and customer centricity
§ Lead and manage client briefing sessions, contributing with a deep understanding of the industry, competitors and work delivered in previous campaigns / across the business at the time, which can be considered for the direction and interrogation if relevant during briefings
§ Translate project briefs into comms plan / channel plans / schedule to sit across the TTL customer journey, ensuring the best fit between brand awareness, messaging, objective, positioning and target group on the right channel
§ Review initial client programme strategy and determine or manage asset requirements. Consult if additional briefs are needed. Liaise with Resource Manager and Senior Art Director on any asset creation
§ Collaborate and align with Client & Oliver Creative teams as a touch point
§ Confirm delivery specifications with client and third parties at all times and capture these in briefings
§ Communicate and pro-actively report on any complex briefs where issues occurred and hold project reviews with the client and team
§ Coordinate stakeholders and channel owners to ensure the successful implementation of the project in time and on budget, ensure best practice and processes are agreed and followed. Lead any improvements and instil change
§ Support creative development and brief input by gathering information, research, industry insights, business knowledge and competitor activity
§ Pro-actively support the development of concepts and designs that suit the client’s needs, acting as a brand guardian and ensure quality checks at each stage of presentation to client
§ Update Production schedules with any changes to the timings set out based on the agreed process with the team and client
§ Quality control and proof read all deliverables prior to supply
§ Pro-actively facilitate the highest standard and timely preparation of printed/ on-screen materials for sign/off
§ Upload creative delivery packages to the Agency Hub for the client to receive in time
§ Brief client partner’s / production companies and resources
§ Ownership and management of the correct capture of creative feedback in the feedback tracker, monitoring and communicating any additional resource needs or overburn before they occur.
Management & Financials
§ Create project plans, feedback tracker, and confirm with third party production companies’ timings - track and communicate daily/ weekly progress in reports to relevant stakeholders.
§ Supply fortnightly cost estimate update.
§ Day to day Traffic Live job management (including raising and communicating job numbers, monitoring time against jobs/ weekly WIP/ overburn/ tracking PO numbers)
§ Raising supplier PO’s as required
§ Assess progress against budget and timings, resource / schedule requirements and any roadblocks.
§ Outputting cost estimates/revising estimates in conjunction with the AD
§ Supply final costs for approval and update for final invoice on portal. Respond to any client queries
§ Supporting AD with billing (ensuring accurate forecasting and billing as part of GP reporting)
§ This individual needs to be senior enough to be able to manage the work when the AD is away from the day to day projects and feel comfortable with this.
Business & Personal Growth
§ Industrialize and develop strategies for recurring requests/ briefs
§ Grow relationships: Align, act, consult globally with interdisciplinary and close collaboration: internally (client stakeholders, technology and creative services team, transcreation team) and externally (third party suppliers)
§ Liaise with the marketing and product colleagues to develop product launch comms plans (Internal communications, Tactical ideas, Promotions. Photoshoots …)
§ Working closely with the Account Director to ensure the right team/ talent is in place and flag challenges
§ Support and mentor colleagues to facilitate the team’s development, including but not limited to project & time management skills / analytical skills, Account Management skills, so as to increase productivity and enhance staff morale
§ Proactively monitor the quality and output of your work against industry standards, prepare case studies and reports for internal / external presentation as well as the business newsletter/ quarterly business reviews.
§ Attend your quality conversations.
SECTION TWO: PERSON SPECIFICATION
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
§ Exposure of working in a client facing capacity, from handling client queries, to taking full and conclusive briefs and delivering to exceed the client’s requirements
§ Understanding of Marketing, Retail, Creative, Content, Production environment
§ Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to execution, using robust and structured project management skills.
§ Experience in a busy agile environment working across multiple touch points
§ Confident, driven and proactive - able to fully own & manage all projects with little supervision and always meet commitments
§ Ability to question and challenge (both themselves and others)
· Excellent attention to detail
· Experience owning multiple fast-moving projects / campaigns and working with key stakeholders at various level of seniority
· Liaise and manage 3rd parties as part of the project, brief agency, manage feedback, etc.
· Experience with technology platforms/ new software/ projects tools, especially CMS systems, Creative Suite
· Ability to see the bigger picture and shows imagination
· Interpersonal, networking & influence skills are a must
· Strong customer-facing, highly positive approach & professional manner
§ A thinker who is able to work out and recommend solutions to challenges
§ A team player who is able to work seamlessly with different teams across different lines of business
§ Relevant experience across client services
§ Good knowledge of retail
§ Awareness of emerging trends in marketing, video, social media, apps, mobile and influencers
§ Fluency and excellent written English (French or German are beneficial)
Our values are at the heart of everything we do, whether it’s creating a new service for our clients or how we look after our team:
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for Oliver Marketing
- Identifies opportunities to deliver greater value for themselves
- Takes on difficult challenges willingly and realistically
- Has a can do attitude
- Shows commitment to the company vision for growth through adding value
- Identifies a range of solutions to problems
- Thinks of improvements to things without being prompted
- Challenges convention by exploring alternatives
- Demonstrates role model behaviors consistent with our vision and values
- Leads by example
- Deals with challenges and problems in a positive and constructive way
- Encourages others
- Sets achievable but high standards
- Demonstrates good leadership skills
- Uses inspiring communications to motivate clients and colleagues
- Achieves outstanding results
- Acts with humility and honesty
- Demonstrably values the contribution of others
- Gives honest and direct feedback in a constructive manner
- Has excellent listening skills
- Shows the ability to change their opinion/view
- Acknowledges the contribution of others
- Views challenges as a learning opportunity
- Actively looks to develop themselves on the job, and in their own time
- Does not often make the same mistake twice
- Is willing to take risks
- Learns from mistakes and takes action to personally change
- Acknowledges the importance of tracking results
- Accepts responsibility for actions
- Looks for accountability
- Sets goals and focuses on their delivery
- Is comfortable with hard and soft targets
- Shows a strong commitment to exceeding targets
- Sets own goals
- Has strong time management
- Has an analytical approach to objectives
- Can handle complexity and ambiguity
- Looks to make goals SMART without prompting
- Goes “above and beyond” to deliver the goal