Sales Manager, £40K Basic+Commission
Our client is looking for an ambitious, results driven and talented Sales Manager to manage and coach a team and drive to achieve sales targets selling across a Portfolio of magazines specialising within the Marine/Boat Industry.
The successful candidate will become an integral part of the continued growth of these industry -leading titles through the sale of print and digital ad solutions. New Client development, account management and networking within the UK Yachting and Marine industry are key to this role.
Based in SW London our client is a progressive, dynamic and quality publisher and this role offers the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to take their career to the next level with competitive salary, commission structure and growth potential.
The role is offered on a full time, permanent basis working with the team at their London offices.
Previous sales experience is essential and knowledge of the yachting/sailing/marine industry is favourable.
Job dimensions & functions:
To maximise delivery of magazine income from display advertising sales in across the Marine Portfolio to agreed business individual and team targets. This will include a portfolio of existing client accounts and development of new business. To work with the existing team to effectively communicate the value & audience of the magazine. There is a requirement for face to face meeting with key & potential clients along with reporting / forecasting and day to day ad management.
- Delivery of maximum revenue from selling advertising space and other business activities as per agreed business targets on an issue by issue, quarterly and annual basis.
- Sales development of existing client base to maximise sales opportunities.
- Canvassing from existing database and cold calling to prospective clients to establish their viability as potential advertisers.
- Research, planning and implementation of new sales initiatives as directed by the Marine Division Manager with overview from the Group Advertisement Manager.
- Regular monitoring and assessment of advertising content of competitive magazines for relevant leads.
- All of the above to be conducted by telephone selling, email, letter and face to face as required by the task.
- Attendance of meetings and other relevant events and trade shows may be required.
- To increase face to face time with current & potential clients.
Key challenges of the job:
To quickly and effectively build a credible, knowledgeable and trustworthy personal profile for amongst your client base.
To increase display advertising volume and yield across the Marine Portfolio to new and existing advertisers. To grow new business monthly in the magazine, through special projects, supplements and digital platforms
- The ability to introduce new business
- To build series bookings and grow yield