April Six is one of the most respected and ambitious creative agencies in the technology sector, with offices in Harefield, London, San Francisco & Singapore. This role is based in the Harefield HQ, surrounded by the beautiful countryside of the Colne Valley. It is commutable from Uxbridge (Metropolitan Line), then a 10 minute bus ride, or Chiltern Trains (Denham), then a ten minute walk. Most employees drive and park on site.
Introduction to the role;
We’re recruiting for a Digital Designer to become a key part of the Design team, working with the Digital, Motion and Copy teams, which together form the Creative Department. You will report into the Design lead, and ultimately to the Creative Director. This role will be to bridge the gap between design and development. You will be creating conceptual ideas and the design elements to accompany them across multi-channel advertising, direct marketing and demand generation campaigns.
You will have related experience in a similar role with the equivalent portfolio (commercial & speculative) of client projects that demonstrate a core range of skills in; strategic thinking, branding, UX/UI design & implementation, art-direction & typography to talk through. You will be expected to be have intimate knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CS5, be confident talking to clients and digitally native.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Taking briefings from the client service teams
- Create conceptual ideas, visual executions, design layouts, typography, illustration, imagery.
- Collaborate with members of the Digital, Copy & Motion teams.
- Ensure the progress of all projects is shared through internal presentation of ideas
- Resilience to keep creating new ideas when initial concepts might be rejected
- Expected to take the lead on smaller projects and work alongside the team on larger campaigns.
- Our developers will work closely with you to improve your understanding of web development to ensure a fluid workflow across the entire design and development process.
- Contributing to front-end development
- Digital campaigns production from concept creation to launch
Essential skills and attributes
- Proven ability to hit deadlines, while taking an idea from brief to final delivery
- Passionate about producing work that stands out for its originality, even when working with brand guidelines.
- The ability to create original, appealing and innovative landing pages and HTML5 animated banners.
- Extensive web design experience and/or formal design training
- Good understanding of UX design, wire-framing/storyboarding
- Proactive attitude to learning and mentoring more junior members of the team
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative thinker & self starter
- Salary: Up to £40k with 25 days holiday per year. There will be a four-month probation period. Following successful completion of this period, health care (currently BUPA) will be added to the package.