Account Manager, e- Commerce Media
This Account Manager position is situated in the ultra-fast growing sector of ecommerce and multi-channel retail in the UK. It sits within a portfolio of influential print and digital products which are used by multi-channel retailers and the companies that supply them. The website gets 70,000 unique users per month
- The candidate will be likely to have received formal training such as DIPADA and be highly proficient at all aspects of the sales process. A quick thinker with excellent negotiation and closing skills.
- Experienced in selling advertising space (either print or online, preferably both) - minimum 18 months. A digital background would be preferred.
- You must be results driven - with a real sense of urgency and a constant drive to make calls, convert clients and hit targets.
- Be exceptionally well-motivated and self-starting.
- Will possess a ‘no-fail’ tenacious and resilient attitude, combined with the ability to work under pressure, ‘make it happen’ and ‘get the job done’.
- Be able to think on their feet and quickly assimilate the different sectors and audiences within a complex B2B market.
- Primary responsibility to hit targets and maximise revenue across products and clients. This person must grow the product offering and revenue as if it were their own business.
- Confident at selling to all levels of decision maker in any industry, able to demonstrate the ability to win and manage blue chip clients, including taking the lead with senior individuals.
- Write and present pitches and proposals to a wide variety of clients, including experience of F2F/ PowerPoint or Keynotes presentation.
- Maintain the standard KPIs of calls and meetings expected throughout the sales operation.
- Able to identify natural price-points for trading, as well as leverage business, cross-sell and see through complex proposals.
- Be a natural prospector with the ability to find and generate your own new business. Clients will be given to you and leads provided, but the ability to be proactive and seek out your own new clients is essential: a hunter-gatherer. Although the role will evolve as you on-board more clients, you should expect the split to be 70% new business, 30% existing account management.
- Be mindful of upcoming products workload, identifying weaknesses or problems before they occur and producing solutions.
- Be creative in identifying new customers, media channels and propositions – able to “think big”.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of organisational and administrative skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan workload so that multiple projects are worked on/completed at any one time.
- Demonstrate a high level of administrative capability, both with the CRM and also in daily activity. Log all client contact information as required, and be used to working with data.
- Communicate openly and effectively with regard to sales updates, clients and general day-to-day issues. Ensure that written communication is concise and well-presented.
- Maintain a sophisticated and high profile in the client market and be comfortable with F2F sales, networking and relationship building at relevant tradeshows.
- Time management – effectively balance priorities to meet agreed deadlines. Demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing business needs.
- Teamwork – contribute to team objectives and share knowledge and ideas.
- Product knowledge – excellent knowledge of the company’s products and services, using this knowledge to meet client requirements, taking into account the wider market and remaining up-to-date on the competitive landscape.
- Demonstrating our values - We understand the importance of values in a business and so do our employees. Our values demonstrate the ethos you will experience being an employee: Passion, Excellence, Fairness, Innovation, Team work, Ownership and Loyalty and Commitment.
- Establish credibility and integrity in the company and the industry to influence peers and clients.
What the Company Can Offer
- Advanced sales learning and training: on the job, formal and informal, analysis of sales techniques.
- 100% digital sales role with support from research, marketing and digital departments.
- Genuine meritocracy and strong monthly commission potential.
- Entrepreneurial and well-balanced culture with fast-expanding team and role that encompasses telesales, F2F, digital learning and presentation experience.
Apply for Account Manager, e- Commerce Media
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly