Key Account Manager
Our client has an exciting new opportunity for a highly ambitious Key Account Manager to ensure the growth of sponsorship and exhibition sales across these massive events which brings together the leaders of the global retail industry from the greatest retail icons to the most innovative start-ups and disruptors; from national market leaders to the most international. Your job, develop, grow and retain existing sponsors and exhibitors and to identify and introduce new customers in accordance with established strategic goals.
- To ensure maximum delivery against sales targets across entire brand through the management and growth of key accounts & generation of new business
- To raise and maintain brand profile in the market, in order to be the sponsorship opportunity of choice
- To deliver / exceed monthly, quarterly and annual target revenues.
- To identify new revenue streams to generate sustainable growth, year on year
- Prepare sales plans for key accounts as appropriate
- To make the agreed number of visits and ensure regular contact with key clients in order to grow revenue and market share
- Relationship Management - Maintain regular contact (through both face-to-face visits and telephone contact) with your client list and build excellent working relationships in order to increase share of client spend & YOY growth of all key account spend.
- Sales Performance - To support the Group Commercial Director to implement the operational sales plan, to deliver / exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. To identify and assess new product development to ensure sustainable growth
- Team Working - Work in partnership with the sales and content team to ensure that revenue targets are reached and exceeded where possible
Qualifications and Experience
- Consistent top sales performer
- Face to Face sales experience to senior manager level (Ideally within the retail sector)
- Experience of selling multi-year and multi-event solutions – bespoke sponsorship, awards and conferences
Skills & Competencies
- Proven sales track record
- Strong Business Acumen and problem solving/analysis skills required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Must be results driven with strong customer focus
- Experience presenting and influencing at a senior level
- Strong negotiation skills
- Persistent and tenacious
- Salesforce based CRM experience