Senior Business Development Manager
Senior Business Development Manager – Digital Content Services, £80K Basic+Commission
Our client is the UK’s leading provider of multi-platform news content and services. The group remain the national news agency for the UK and Ireland, serving a broad range of customers including major media and digital brands around the world, businesses and public sector organisations.
The Content Division is about to launch a new generation of enriched digital content products aimed at retaining and extending its reach within the media sector while creating opportunities to grow new revenues from brands, corporates and public sector organisations.
They are looking for an exceptional business development professional to plan, lead and execute a growth strategy to identify and maximize the opportunities to develop sales of our innovative products in new markets.
The role will involve working closely with marketing, editorial, product development, sales and account management to:
- Identify and target the best market opportunities for our products
- understand and demonstrate the value proposition to customers
- shape product refinements through client feedback
- Devise strategies for driving revenue growth in the Content business
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for growth in untapped market sectors and territories
- Identify market developments, industry evolutions and technology innovations that could open up new revenue lines
- Form strategic partnerships with other relevant organisations in order to leverage their networks
- Analyse existing strategies for sales growth and suggest appropriate changes
- Develop a framework for researching, managing and monitoring business development activity
- Manage and communicate progress against targets through agreed KPIs, accurate and timely reporting and executive-focused forecasting
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships at a senior level within relevant organisations to facilitate pipeline development and increased closure rates by the Commercial team.
- Conduct a full range of business development activities to support these objectives from telephone and desk research, to networking at events, through to contributing to proposals and campaigns.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Strong business record evidenced by business qualification and extensive industry experience
- Extensive business development experience in one or more of the following sectors: media, advertising or content related businesses. A proven track record of new sector and territory development, revenue and profit growth
- Demonstrable experience of business strategy development and implementation, preferably in a customer-focused area
- Demonstrable customer (B2B) focus, supported by a strong business network
- Strong negotiating and relationship building skills, especially in co-ordinating activities across complex organisations at the executive level
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of commercial models and revenue trends across digital publishing
Clear, persuasive communication both internally and externally – with strong influencing skills
- Experience and understanding of multimedia content consumption, including mobile, out-of-home, voice recognition and emerging digital media services.
- Good written and verbal presentation skills
- Motivation and commitment to succeed
- Excellent administrative and reporting skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Formal sales training (preferred)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent