Purpose of the job
To support the Digital Project Manager and wider digital team across all our activities including monitoring web and social analytics, web content development and publication, testing of new website development and some administrative tasks. A particular focus of the role will be helping the team maintain reports that will measure performance of our digital channels. You will also be a super user of our content management system (CMS), helping us update and maintain the site, as well as assisting other internal teams that use the CMS.
Key tasks / responsibilities
- Support the Digital Project Manager in delivering small and large scale digital projects including content development, digital campaigns and web builds
- Act as a super user of the Site Core content management system including assisting users from other teams in publishing content and troubleshooting/bug fixing
- Support the digital project manager in training the Communications and other internal teams to use the CMS and keep training documents up-to-date
- Support the digital project manager in managing workflows for publishing content
- Audit live site to ensure content is up-to-date and links are current
- Assist with data collection from our Sitecore analytics to populate and generate reports
- Support the Digital Project Manager in development and testing of new functionality
- Support the Digital Project Manager in delivery of translated content, ensuring all non-English websites are up to date
- Tracking and reporting of which questions are being frequently asked on social media in order to help develop our company FAQs development and other content or campaigns to address recurring questions.
- Report on web and social audience information and performance/results of web and social media content day-to-day
- Deliver weekly reports to include website analytics, performance of social media content and social listening
- Assist the digital team in monitoring digital / social trends and news
- Assist the digital team as necessary with some administrative tasks, such as arranging meetings
- Assist the digital team in ensuring tone of voice, brand and campaign guidelines are met on our digital channels and that our website remains AA compliant
Skills, experience and competencies
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, a supportive approach to colleagues and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams and external agencies
- Experience working with one or more content management systems (CMS) or other digital publishing systems
- Excellent administrative approach and ability to create, update and manage reports
- Editorial experience, including the ability to assess and correct content to adhere to our tone of voice, house style, brand guidelines and accessibility standards
- Appreciation of the objectives and activities of Smart Energy GB
- Appreciate the diversity of the people and communities of Great Britain and embrace this diversity in your approach to work
- Experience of using Site Core
- Experience of using BrandWatch
- Experience of using Google Analytics
All disabled applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the job as set out in the job description and person specification will be guaranteed an interview if requesting to be considered under this scheme.
To apply for this role
Please send your CV and cover letter using the 'Apply' section.
Smart Energy GB actively encourages applications from those groups currently under-represented in our sector. We’re building a team that is able to understand the needs of and effectively communicate with the whole of our diverse nation. So, if you’re applying for a job with us, we’d like to hear how you can help us do this. And we want to hear from you if there’s anything we can do to make our interview process or working environment more inclusive and to meet your particular needs.
Every member of our team goes above and beyond, helps one another out and contributes to the achievement of our ambitious goals. We think it’s only right for us to reward them accordingly:
- Competitive pension scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Season ticket loan
- 5 annual volunteer days
- Option to buy additional annual leave
- One four week fully paid sabbatical (after 3 years of service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Free breakfast – to support a positive working environment, a free breakfast and healthy snacks are provided everyday.