4 days left
37.5 hrs p/w, throughout the year, occasional PM and Saturday AM requirements. c£32,000pa
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Admissions, the Marketing Manager is responsible for all day-to- day marketing activity for Guildford High School. The role requires an enthusiastic marketing professional with experience in website and social media marketing, design and print,
branding, public relations and event management. The ability to manage multiple projects on deadline and within budget is essential, as are excellent written and verbal communication skills, exceptional attention to detail, good interpersonal skills and high levels of computer literacy.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Admissions, through gaining knowledge of parents needs and local market trends, in the development and implementation of a comprehensive marketing strategy for the school.
- Develop and manage a consistent school brand throughout all channels.
- Ensure a cohesive approach to all aspects of marketing and admissions.
- Manage the marketing budget.
- Develop and maintain an innovative school website, offering a true reflection of school life.
- Lead procurement of web design agency and oversee creation of new GHS website.
- To use content management systems to create and update web pages.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a social media strategy across all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other appropriate media. Champion new ideas and initiatives
- Represent the aims and ethos of the school by actively engaging with online communities.
- Responsible for the use of film, video and photography across digital channels.
- Develop and create a YouTube channel in conjunction with the Audio Visual Director.
- Create accurate and engaging copy for use on the website, social media and parent portal.
- Media and Events
- Identify media opportunities and liaise as appropriate to secure coverage.
- To ensure that GHS is appropriately advertised, including the design and supply of artwork.
- Develop and relaunch the Old Girls’ database and network.
- Oversee and develop the Old Girls’ LinkedIn account.
- To produce the annual newsletter.
- To organise the old girls’ reunions as required.
- Proactively plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal publications.
- Coordinate the advertising schedule including the design and supply of artwork.
- Ensure consistency of the school’s brand on all materials.
- Oversee the design and production of all major and minor publications, including prospectuses, newsletters, posters, programmes, leaflets, flyers etc.
- Liaise with external photographers for events and specific publications.
- Be the key point of contact for school staff with regards to advice on best-practice, parent communications, school branding, content generation and photography.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all school marketing activities and admissions data.
- Ensure the photographic library of the school is regularly updated.
- Regularly update marketing displays around school.
- Facilitate the online ticketing for school productions.
- Attend United Learning meetings and training days as required.
- Develop a working knowledge of the admissions function to ensure smooth links.
- Carry out such duties as the Director of Marketing and Admissions or the Headmistress may reasonably require.
We are unable to consider applications for term time only working.
Closing Date: Wednesday 4 th October at 9:00am.
Applicants will need to complete an application form which can be found on our website along with an application information pack.: http://www.guildfordhigh.surrey.sch.uk/currentvacancies
For further information please contact the HR department on 01483 543862 or e-mail Human.Resources@guildfordhigh.co.uk
Guildford High School offers a competitive salary, a popular benefits and rewards programme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, enrolment into a contributory pension scheme and free staff lunch during term time.
GHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the School to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and checks with previous employers.