Beiersdorf moves £78m media account to MEC
Beiersdorf, the company that owns the Nivea brand, is to move its estimated £78 million media account for Northern Europe into MEC.
The WPP-owned network triumphed in a final head-to-head contest against the incumbent agency Carat, which had held the business since 1998. OMD was involved in the earlier stages of the process.
MEC's win covers the account in UK, Ireland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland while Carat retains the business in France and Germany.
UK spend on the account was £24 million in the year to end of June 2012, according to Nielsen. This covers brands including Nivea, Elastoplast and Eucerin.
An RFI was issued by Beiersdorf’s HQ in Hamburg in May.
Carat had created award-winning work for the Nivea brand including a tie-up with fashion retailer Asos.com that won last year’s Campaign Media Campaign of the Year award.
Draftfcb is the incumbent on the global Beiersdorf ad account and is unaffected by the media review.
A statement from Beiersdorf said: "The services of the new agency fit extremely well with the new and future requirements of Beiersdorf and we are confident that our business will grow further. We are looking forward to building a great working relationship with the MEC team."
"At the same time we also would like to show our utmost appreciation on strong commitment and long-term partnership Carat devoted in the last years in this market. Carat will remain as our strong global media agency partner and we are looking forward for a further great working relationship in all the markets where we already have a close and successful collaboration."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Client Director - Branding to £60k Network Career Consultants £52000 - £60000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager - website updates - up to £30k + bens Barker Graves Up to £30k plus bens, Central London
- Account Manager - famous global agency -- £35k + bens Barker Graves Up to £35k + bens, Central London
- Account Manager looking for promotion to Senior Account Manager up to £32k + bens Barker Graves Up to £32k + bens, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Nature Valley awards integrated business to start-up
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- LMFM challenges bakers to be Brave on World Baking Day
- Samsung strikes placement deal with The Wanted
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
What we can all learn from how Daft Punk won the web