MPG nets £2m UK media for Tia Maria owner
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 04 October 2012 10:55AM
MPG Media Contacts has picked up the £2 million UK media planning and buying account for Illva Saronno, the Italian owner of the Tia Maria and Disaronno brands.
The agency landed the business after a pitch, which was originally called in April 2011 as part of a global review. In the spring, the pitch was revived as a UK-led process.
The incumbent, MEC, which picked up Tia Maria after Illva acquired the brand from Pernod Ricard in 2009, was involved in the process.
Agencies are understood to be involved in a final stage of negotiations for the Illva account in a number of other territories, including Argentina and the Netherlands, so MPG could yet widen its relationship with the company.
MPG has been charged with delivering strategy and planning that produces real results to "re-energise" the Tia Maria brand and maintain and develop Disaronno's success.
The most recent major campaign for Tia Maria included a TV spot by HarrimanSteel that targeted "out-of-home" drinkers.
Paul Frampton, the managing director of MPG, said: "Illva is an energetic and exciting company with ambitious plans for its stable of top-name brands and we already feel a real affinity with them."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Sales Controller Better Placed Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + Car + 20% Bonus , North West England
- Children's Digital Marketing Manager Penguin UK Competitive salary, Central London
- Brand Consultant - Innovation and Marketing Capability Rare Selection Up to £55K + 20% bonus, Bucks
- Account Manager - TTL Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, East London
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni