MediaCom wins more McCain territories after pitch
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 November 2012 01:20PM
MediaCom has extended its relationship with McCain to include six more European markets after a competitive pitch.
The agency, which has worked with the frozen food giant in Germany since 2005, will now also provide media services in Belgium, France, Italy, Poland, Russia and Spain. It is believed that Carat was the incumbent in France. PHD's position as the UK incumbent is unaffected.
The win follows MediaCom’s other successful pan-European consolidation this year in which it retained the Goodyear Dunlop pan-European business in October.
MediaCom teams will start working on the business from 1 January, with all six new countries transferred from their previous agency by the end of Q1 2013.
Barbara Galli, European marketing director for retail at McCain, said: "We would like to thank our previous media partners and are now looking forward to working with MediaCom on our new communications journey. MediaCom’s competence and professionalism will be a key driver for brand growth and establishing a better relationship with our consumers.
"MediaCom share our values and goals, and we see them as a sound partner to help us face the challenges of a continuously evolving media landscape.
Nick Lawson, chief executive of MediaCom EMEA, said: "We’re delighted to be working with a world famous brand like McCain. Our German team have clearly demonstrated the MediaCom advantage and our teams in all six new markets will be working hard to ensure that we provide the same level of strategic insight and efficient buying."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER: (Digital, Print, Marketing, Events) Creative Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Digital Developer AF Selection £25,000, Preston, Lancashire
- Senior Strategy Consultant Stopgap £60000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Interim EMEA Communications Manager Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers