Weetabix backs rebranded chocolate cereal with £1.8m campaign
By Echomo Efeyini, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 12 March 2013 09:36AM
Weetabix has launched a £1.8m TV campaign for the new chocolate variant to its range, Weetabix with Chocolate.
The relaunch of the brand’s chocolate version aims to promote the product’s health credentials as a breakfast cereal for children, in conjunction with the 'Fuel for Big Days' brand strategy, which started in 2011.
The 60-second film, entitled "sibling rivalry", features a brother and sister competing in the morning over who will have the busiest, "biggest" day, with the winner set to eat the remaining Weetabix with Chocolate cereal.
It contrasts the activities of the brother and sister throughout the day. The girl plans to spend the day "reorganising her living space" [she is shown reorganising Barbie dolls on a shelf in her bedroom] and "pampering Hector" [the dog].
Her brother, dressed up as fictional superhero Captain Awesome, plans a contrasting day of activities, which include "uncovering enemy secrets" [he is shown laughing at his sister’s diary in her bedroom, while the girl vehemently glares in the doorway].
The main film ends with the sister declaring: "You’re right, your day is bigger than mine. But I’m bigger than you", before snatching the box of cereal.
The 30-second and 40-second edits of the commercial will run for four weeks across mass-market channels, including ITV and ITV2, Channel 4 and Sky One.
Ed Cole and Lewis Mooney were the creative team at the advertising agency Bartle Bogle Hegarty. The spot was produced by Moxie Pictures and directed by Neil Gorringe.
The campaign will receive support from the British website Mumsnet. There will also be a new Facebook application, which will allow users to put products into their online baskets with the major supermarkets.
Weetabix with Chocolate was previously known as Chocolate Weetabix.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Web Analyst Direct Recruitment £35,000 - £40,000,