Play.com calls review of media business
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 14 March 2013 08:00AM
Play.com is reviewing its media planning and buying account as it looks towards the future as an eBay-style marketplace.
The review is being run separately to the advertising pitch, which kicked off last week, but is also being handled by Creativebrief.
Target Media, the incumbent, picked up the estimated £2.3 million account from Carat in 2006.
Play.com has ramped up its digital activity over recent years and is expected to focus the bulk of its media spend on the medium.
Last year, Play.com launched a loyalty programme that rewarded customers who promoted the brand on social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Later this month, Play.com’s retail business will close following changes to tax rules.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £21000 - £23000 per annum, Gloucester
- Digital Designer Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- International Account Manager - Media Planning - Leading Agency - to £30k + brilliant benefits Fill Recruitment £28 to £30k + superb benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 per annum, Bristol
- Insight Analyst Salt £200 - £300 per day, Nottingham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party