Tiger Beer signs Wayne Rooney as brand ambassador for regional football drive
SINGAPORE - Tiger Beer has become the first Asian beer brand to sign on international football icon Wayne Rooney for its latest regional thematic campaign - "The game never ends".
"The game never ends" will roll out across regional markets including Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Mongolia.
It complements the beer brand's other football initiatives including its broadcast sponsorship of the Barclays Premier League in Southeast Asia.
The campaign, comprising of both print and television advertisements, will launch at the end of April as the Fifa World Cup football tournament in South Africa draws near.
On the campaign, Edmond Neo, director of group commercial for Asia Pacific Breweries, said: "Tiger and football are a winning combination. The beer brand has always leaned towards delivering and fascinating Asian fans with world-class football action and experiences."
He added: "This time, Tiger is delighted and proud to be associating ourselves with Wanye Rooney, one of the world's best football players known and admired worldwide. Rooney has demonstrated passion for excellence and determination to outperform himself every time he plays a match. His resolute will for winning and success, an attitude which Tiger pursues and embraces, makes him the ideal football champion of the campaign. Being an inspiration, his pairing with Tiger will certainly light up the screen during this World Cup season."
Rooney added: "Working with Tiger has been really enjoyable. There is fun and humour in the commercial and it was completely unlike some of the other filming experiences I have had before. I am excited to be a part this Tiger beer campaign to heighten football fun and experience for Asian fans."
In the TVC, the Manchester United star shows off his best moves as he manoeuvres his way through a bar to score the last ice-cold bottle of Tiger beer.
Off screen, Tiger will allow fans the chance to come face-to-face with Rooney in Manchester later this year through a series of activation programmes.
This article was first published on Media Asia
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Analyst JV Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, East Midlands Region / Leicestershire
- Account Manager - Shopper / Promotional Marketing Agency Stonor £30K + as a benchmark but depends on level of experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Account Director - Digital Agency - Oxfordshire - £45k - NP084 Stonor £45k, Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Account Manager - Partnership Marketing Stonor £24k - £32k dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)