Absolut provides cocktail instructions with a feminine twist
By David Barros, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 30 April 2010 11:35AM
LONDON - Actresses Kate Beckinsale and Zooey Deschanel have dressed up to represent cocktails such as the Bloody Mary in a series of press ads for Absolut Vodka.
The 'Drinks' series campaign has debuted in men's style magazine 'Arena Homme Plus' spring/summer issue with Deschanel showcasing Absolut Citron-based cocktail, 'Cosmo.'
The series features the two actresses representing a different Absolut cocktail "experience" with the tagline 'Every Drink Is An Exceptional Experience'.
'Absolut Cosmo,' 'Absolut Bloody,' 'Absolut Twist' and 'Absolute Blues' are accompanied with photography by Ellen von Unworth.
The campaign was created by TBWA\Chiat\Day and features photography by Ellen von Unwerth with instructions on how to mix cocktails using their spirits.
The bottom of each of the posters include the straplines "A vision by..." followed by the actress' name, "and Ellen von Unwerth" with a prompt to visit Absolut's website.
Mark Hamilton, head of marketing for vodka at Pernod Ricard UK, said: "We believe that doing things differently leads to something exceptional and the 'Drinks' campaign is a great example of this.
"In our latest creative collaboration, von Unwerth, Besckinsale and Deschanel have created striking, bold and truly awe-inspiring images to showcase our exceptional drinks from a unique and creative Absolut perspective, underlining our approach and belief in creative collaborations."
Absolut recently funded a 30 minute online film called 'I'm Here' directed by Spike Jonze.
The video, produced by MJZ, the film imagines a world inhabited by both humans and robots, focusing on the central character of a lonely robot called Sheldon.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- FABULOUS FREELANCERS? Look no further! Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Google becomes major UK advertiser after boosting spend by 50% in 2013
- Unilever pilots multi-brand advertising with YouTube beauty channel
- Sorrell says Publicis / Omnicom's 'merger of equals' is 'impossible'
- Gatwick rolls out 'guess the X-ray' competition
- iProspect appoints chief media officer among four senior hires
- Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel