Nikon to sponsor C4's Hollyoaks
LONDON - Camera manufacturer Nikon has signed a five-month deal to sponsor teen soap 'Hollyoaks' across Channel 4, E4 and video-on-demand from tomorrow (1 May), to promote the Nikon Coolpix S3000 camera.
The sponsorship, negotiated by MediaCom Beyond Advertising, includes all ‘Hollyoaks' transmissions on Channel 4 and the digital youth station E4, as well as PC and TV video-on-demand until 30 September.
The idents are being produced by the Jung von Matt agency in Munich.
Jeremy Gilbert, group marketing manager at Nikon, said: "‘Hollyoaks' provides the perfect demographic to which we are able to communicate the strengths of the Coolpix S3000 camera. We are excited to be engaging with this new audience and look forward to seeing how viewers respond to the campaign."
The object of the sponsorship is to enhance the Nikon Coolpix brand perception and raise awareness within the young target audience in the UK.
Gilbert added: "The sponsorship is an ideal platform on which to communicate Nikon's new pan-European marketing campaign: 'I am Nikon', in that we are able to visually demonstrate the emotional side of photography and how it fits into your lifestyle."
‘Hollyoaks' was sponsored by Mars chewing gum brand Wrigley's Extra for five years between 2005 and 31 December 2009.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- PR Officer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Continuous Insight Manager - FMCG Company NG Digital Marketing up to £60k + car + bonus + benefits, Greater London
- Digital Content Executive, RETAIL Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £26000 per annum, Benefits: Amazing benefits package, London
- Studio Manager - late shift Network Career Consultants £35000 - £40000 per annum, London
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Starcom MediaVest wins spice brand's multi-million euro account
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed