Sorrell forecasts 2% growth for WPP this year
By Staff, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 30 April 2010 02:41PM
LONDON - Sir Martin Sorrell has upped the forecast of WPP from flat to 2% growth for the year following three months of "stabilisation" today.
The WPP leader said the group had seen sequential monthly improvements since the start of the year, culminating in "a little bit of growth" of 1% in March.
WPP reported revenues of £2.1bn, down 1.82% year on year, during the first quarter of 2010.
In an interview with CNBC he also admitted "sequential growth" is expected to continue in April, May and June.
In the interview, which follows WPP’s trading statement issued today, Sorrell is also questioned on whether WPP will return to Britain if the Conservatives are elected.
Sorrel does not confirm or deny a move. He said: "If it's on the basis of a manifesto we couldn’t make a decision. It's not consultation.
"What we need is a guarantee that overseas profits will not be taxed. That's what drove us to Dublin."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Web Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Database Marketing Analyst Jet2.com Negotiable, Leeds
- Senior International Digital Account Manager - Music Accounts! Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + Great Benefits Package , City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager- Retail - up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40k-£45k plus bonus , London
- Senior Brand Manager - Consumer Health/FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, West of London/Berks