Walkers recruits celebrities for national flavours ads
By Alex Brownsell, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 04 May 2010 09:25AM
LONDON - Walkers is rolling out a new celebrity-laden TV ad campaign, promoting its range of 15 World Cup-inspired national crisp flavours.
Regular brand ambassador Gary Lineker appears in each of The Walkers Flavour Cup ads, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which feature a range of famous faces dressed in national clothing to support a particular flavour.
TV presenter Melinda Messenger and actor Will Mellor dress as French maids to support French Garlic Baguette flavour, while magician Paul Daniels dresses as a martial arts fighter in an ad promoting Japanese Teriyaki Chicken.
Former 'Coronation Street' actress Julie Goodyear wears carnival-inspired clothing to support Brazilian Salsa flavour, and former newsreader and presenter Stuart Hall also appears in the ads as a commentator.
Other flavours in the competition include American Cheeseburger, German Bratwurst Sausage, Australian BBQ Kangaroo and English Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.
Ian Ellington, Walkers general manager, said: "At Walkers, we're passionate about creating great-tasting crisps, and this time around we've really pushed the boundaries by coming up with a massive 15 new flavours at once."
The first 60-second ad will broadcast tomorrow (5 May), with several more executions to follow over the coming weeks in the build-up to the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Graphic Designer/ Artworker Michael Page Digital Negotiable, South East England
- Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, City of London
- Account Director Gemini Search £200 - £300 per day, West End
- Portfolio Executive Institute of Customer Service 28,000, London, SE1