Walkers recruits celebrities for national flavours ads
LONDON - Walkers is rolling out a new celebrity-laden TV ad campaign, promoting its range of 15 World Cup-inspired national crisp flavours.
Regular brand ambassador Gary Lineker appears in each of The Walkers Flavour Cup ads, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which feature a range of famous faces dressed in national clothing to support a particular flavour.
TV presenter Melinda Messenger and actor Will Mellor dress as French maids to support French Garlic Baguette flavour, while magician Paul Daniels dresses as a martial arts fighter in an ad promoting Japanese Teriyaki Chicken.
Former 'Coronation Street' actress Julie Goodyear wears carnival-inspired clothing to support Brazilian Salsa flavour, and former newsreader and presenter Stuart Hall also appears in the ads as a commentator.
Other flavours in the competition include American Cheeseburger, German Bratwurst Sausage, Australian BBQ Kangaroo and English Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.
Ian Ellington, Walkers general manager, said: "At Walkers, we're passionate about creating great-tasting crisps, and this time around we've really pushed the boundaries by coming up with a massive 15 new flavours at once."
The first 60-second ad will broadcast tomorrow (5 May), with several more executions to follow over the coming weeks in the build-up to the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Performance Manager Aspire £30000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Business Director Dot-Gap £70k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief
- Phones4u goes into administration