Walkers recruits celebrities for national flavours ads
LONDON - Walkers is rolling out a new celebrity-laden TV ad campaign, promoting its range of 15 World Cup-inspired national crisp flavours.
Regular brand ambassador Gary Lineker appears in each of The Walkers Flavour Cup ads, by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, which feature a range of famous faces dressed in national clothing to support a particular flavour.
TV presenter Melinda Messenger and actor Will Mellor dress as French maids to support French Garlic Baguette flavour, while magician Paul Daniels dresses as a martial arts fighter in an ad promoting Japanese Teriyaki Chicken.
Former 'Coronation Street' actress Julie Goodyear wears carnival-inspired clothing to support Brazilian Salsa flavour, and former newsreader and presenter Stuart Hall also appears in the ads as a commentator.
Other flavours in the competition include American Cheeseburger, German Bratwurst Sausage, Australian BBQ Kangaroo and English Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding.
Ian Ellington, Walkers general manager, said: "At Walkers, we're passionate about creating great-tasting crisps, and this time around we've really pushed the boundaries by coming up with a massive 15 new flavours at once."
The first 60-second ad will broadcast tomorrow (5 May), with several more executions to follow over the coming weeks in the build-up to the FIFA World Cup in South Africa.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London