Associated Newspapers appoints Kate Scally as head of strategy
LONDON - Associated Newspapers has appointed Waitrose marketer Kate Scally as its head of strategic insight in the publisher's marketing services division.
Scally will report to A&N Media's director of commercial development, Linda Grant.
She has more than 20 years' experience in marketing and communications, most recently as manager for marketing communications and media at Waitrose.
Previous roles have included head of customer communications at BSkyB, publishing director of BBC Worldwide, group account director at Redwood and Associated Newspapers, and director of advertising sales at The National Magazine Company.
Grant said the marketer would bring a "dynamic approach" to what she termed a "crucial post".
Grant added: "Kate is commercially savvy, with experience across all elements of the marketing mix, and has an excellent track record of applying customer data and deep insight work to inform strategic direction."
During her time at Waitrose, Scally was responsible for an £18m ATL, digital, POS and content spend. She worked with the management board to establish the brand and communications hierarchy for the rollout of 300 small convenience stores, and the trial of a partnership with Boots Alliance PLC.
She also launched the retail chain's first digital magazine and oversaw the first John Lewis/Waitrose print review, created an internal cross-channel content team and delivered the company's first data-driven media campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- SAE or Account Manager £20-26k, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing / IT Support Executive - Permanent - London Ninesharp £22000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , Hammersmith and Fulham
- Owned Media Director - SEO Ultimate Asset £42000 - £48000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show