BT's former head of media Huddleston joins Astus
By Anne Cassidy, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 07 May 2010 03:55PM
LONDON - Steve Huddleston, BT's former head of media, has joined Astus, the media barter company, as a client director.
Huddleston, who led media operations at BT for eight years with responsibility for all of its brands including BT Vision, BT Broadband and BT Business, left the business last month.
Astus is setting up a client services team and has appointed two other client directors to join Huddleston, namely Lisa Cowan, who was promoted internally, and Mathew Herbert, the sales and marketing director for Powerplate.
The new directors will focus on building and maintaining direct client relationships.
Huddleston's future at BT first became unclear in February after BT moved its £75 million media planning and buying account out of Publicis’ VivaKi and into Maxus.
It is believed relations between BT and the Publicis Groupe agency had reached an impasse over margins and promised returns before the split.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Planning Manager PFJ £35000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- Lead Digital Media Director - Dubai, UAE (tax free) HR Source Excellent, Dubai, UAE
- International Media/Account Director - Dubai, UAE (tax free) HR Source Excellent, Dubai, UAE
- Media Strategy Director - Dubai, UAE (tax free) HR Source Excellent, Dubai, UAE
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets