BT's former head of media Huddleston joins Astus
By Anne Cassidy, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 07 May 2010 03:55PM
LONDON - Steve Huddleston, BT's former head of media, has joined Astus, the media barter company, as a client director.
Huddleston, who led media operations at BT for eight years with responsibility for all of its brands including BT Vision, BT Broadband and BT Business, left the business last month.
Astus is setting up a client services team and has appointed two other client directors to join Huddleston, namely Lisa Cowan, who was promoted internally, and Mathew Herbert, the sales and marketing director for Powerplate.
The new directors will focus on building and maintaining direct client relationships.
Huddleston's future at BT first became unclear in February after BT moved its £75 million media planning and buying account out of Publicis’ VivaKi and into Maxus.
It is believed relations between BT and the Publicis Groupe agency had reached an impasse over margins and promised returns before the split.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Daily rates, London
- Digital Creative Director - Leading Advertising Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Ad Ops/ Trafficking Manager Ultimate Asset €25000 - €30000 per annum, Amsterdam
- Community Manager - Global Music Brand Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign