BT's former head of media Huddleston joins Astus
By Anne Cassidy, mediaweek.co.uk, Friday, 07 May 2010 03:55PM
LONDON - Steve Huddleston, BT's former head of media, has joined Astus, the media barter company, as a client director.
Huddleston, who led media operations at BT for eight years with responsibility for all of its brands including BT Vision, BT Broadband and BT Business, left the business last month.
Astus is setting up a client services team and has appointed two other client directors to join Huddleston, namely Lisa Cowan, who was promoted internally, and Mathew Herbert, the sales and marketing director for Powerplate.
The new directors will focus on building and maintaining direct client relationships.
Huddleston's future at BT first became unclear in February after BT moved its £75 million media planning and buying account out of Publicis’ VivaKi and into Maxus.
It is believed relations between BT and the Publicis Groupe agency had reached an impasse over margins and promised returns before the split.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Creative Major Players £70000 - £80000 per annum, London
- Design Director createselect Up to £65k, London (Greater)
- Quant Researcher-Immediate Start-Saudi Arabia-c50k Tax Free Elizabeth Norman International £40000 - £50000 per annum + Tax free and travel, Saudi Arabia
- Senior Brand Manager Salt £160 - £190 per day, Reading
- Senior Project Manager Digital Gurus £40000 - £45000 Per Annum, london
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media