Smirnoff named most valuable drinks brand
LONDON - Smirnoff has retained its position as the leading global drinks brand, according to an annual industry survey.
The Power 100 report, carried out by strategy consultancy Intangible Business, is once more topped by Diageo-owned vodka brand Smirnoff, described as possessing a "modern, cool image".
Whiskey brand Johnnie Walker occupies second place on the list, though it too suffered a decline with a 20% fall in overall brand value. Bacardi sits at number three in the ranking, with Martini Vermouth in fourth and Hennessy in fifth place.
The biggest climber in the top 20 is Chilean wine brand Concha y Toro, climbing five places to number 17, while Cuban rum brand Havana Club is up seven places to number 25.
New brands in the ranking include Swedish vodka brand Svedka at 46, Russian Standard at 54, and Wild Turkey at 100.
However, Champagne brands such as Dom Perignon, Lanson, Nicolas Feuillatte and Taittinger have each fallen out of The Power 100.
"The biggest brands have taken quite a battering, marking the end to a 15-year drive to premiumisation. This has been replaced with a drive to value which new entrants are taking advantage of," said Stuart Whitwell, joint managing director at Intangible Business.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Biggest Brands: Top 100 advertisers 2011
- Bacardi to boost creative consistency
- Diageo rethinks global marketing structure
- Diageo streamlines ad strategy
- Laithwaites Wine hires Underwired to eCRM account
- Diageo rolls out £5m campaign for Smirnoff and cola launch
- Diageo and Coca-Cola Enterprises join for £4m mixer and spirit push
- Smirnoff 'party in the woods' by JWT New York
- ASA clears Smirnoff ad of implying mood enhancement
- Digital Account Director - Creative Agency - London Sphere Digital 50-70k +bonus +benefits, London, South East
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Account Executive, London, up to £23,000 Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP20000 - GBP21000 per annum, London
- Digital Designer Pitch Consultants £24000 - £26000 per annum + Excellent benefits , Birmingham
- Account Director, Lovely agency, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP45000 - GBP50000 per annum, London