Playboy launches clothing range in UK
By Staff, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 10 May 2010 03:40PM
LONDON - Playboy Enterprises, the company owned by Hugh Hefner and famous for its bunny-ear logo, is launching a branded clothing line in the UK.
The clothing range for men and women will feature vintage-style and jersey T-shirts, hoodies and tracksuits.
The collection launches in partnership with Fashion UK, a company that specialises in licensed apparel.
Adrianna Chinnici, vice-president, licensing, Playboy Enterprises, said: "We are excited to partner with Fashion UK, a well-established company that has specialized in licensed apparel, specifically fast-fashion, for many years."
The new clothing line launches in August.
Playboy chief executive Scott Flanders stated, after announcing the company's results last week, that Playboy intended to become a "brand-management" company and outsource some of its operations to other companies, adding that the company's licensing segment was its most profitable.
Playboy reported a first-quarter loss of $1m last week, an improvement compared to a loss of $13.7m in the first quarter of 2009. The results included a $1.1m restructuring and impairment charge.
Revenue fell 15% year to $52.1m, which the company said was mainly due to "changes implemented to improve the profitability" of Playboy magazine.
The company's digital and print unit, which includes the magazine, had a loss of $1.1m, a drop on its $3.6m loss a year ago.
Income at the company's licensing segment, which is responsible for placing the company's iconic bunny-ear logo on a range of items from T-shirts to jewellery, rose 17% to $6.5m in the first quarter.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Manager AF Selection £30,000, Liverpool, Merseyside
- Senior Account Manager AF Selection £30,000 - £35,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Digital Strategy Director - EMEA Aspire £80000.00 - £120000.00 per annum, London