Playboy launches clothing range in UK
By Staff, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 10 May 2010 03:40PM
LONDON - Playboy Enterprises, the company owned by Hugh Hefner and famous for its bunny-ear logo, is launching a branded clothing line in the UK.
The clothing range for men and women will feature vintage-style and jersey T-shirts, hoodies and tracksuits.
The collection launches in partnership with Fashion UK, a company that specialises in licensed apparel.
Adrianna Chinnici, vice-president, licensing, Playboy Enterprises, said: "We are excited to partner with Fashion UK, a well-established company that has specialized in licensed apparel, specifically fast-fashion, for many years."
The new clothing line launches in August.
Playboy chief executive Scott Flanders stated, after announcing the company's results last week, that Playboy intended to become a "brand-management" company and outsource some of its operations to other companies, adding that the company's licensing segment was its most profitable.
Playboy reported a first-quarter loss of $1m last week, an improvement compared to a loss of $13.7m in the first quarter of 2009. The results included a $1.1m restructuring and impairment charge.
Revenue fell 15% year to $52.1m, which the company said was mainly due to "changes implemented to improve the profitability" of Playboy magazine.
The company's digital and print unit, which includes the magazine, had a loss of $1.1m, a drop on its $3.6m loss a year ago.
Income at the company's licensing segment, which is responsible for placing the company's iconic bunny-ear logo on a range of items from T-shirts to jewellery, rose 17% to $6.5m in the first quarter.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Marketing Executive Â– Property, £27k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Specialist Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Not specified, Oxford
- Graphic Designer, Hampshire Blue Tree Recruits £22,000 - £26,000, Aldershot, Hampshire
- Mobile RTB Sales Director Ultimate Asset Ã‚£55000 - Ã‚£65000 per annum + + comm + bens, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England