Lastminute.com launches online TV channel
LONDON - Lastminute.com is launching a new online TV channel, as it looks to transform itself into a hub for destination information.
The new channel, to be found at Lastminute.com/tv, will feature a mixture of ad campaign material and dedicated content. The site is being developed by digital content specialists Adjust Your Set, which has created similar websites for M&S and Thomas Pink.
The move is part of a wider strategy by lastminute.com UK and Ireland marketing director Mark Fells to develop the brand into a one-stop shop for consumers planning their free time.
As well as streaming lastminute.com's current TV ad campaign, by incumbent ad agency Karmarama, the site is showing a viral video featuring Louis Spence, the star of Sky One documentary series ‘Pineapple Dance Studios'.
The humorous viral, which promoted lastminute.com's theatre ticket offering, shows Louis traversing London in search of 'the perfect lift'.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated