Phones4u to launch Prison Guards campaign
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 17 May 2010 11:53AM
LONDON - Mobile retailer Phones4u is set to launch an £8m creative campaign tonight that will play on the tagline 'Phones4u - it's what we do'.
The first phase of the campaign, created by Adam & Eve, is entitled ‘Hard Working Prison Guards’ and will be followed by a second set of ads in June.
The initial TV ad features a group of Bangkok prison guards, who instead of minding the prisoners are distracted by the new features of the Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, which is currently being sold in Phones4u stores nationwide.
The spot also reintroduces the Phones4u hand gesture that first appeared in the ‘Jack’ campaigns, which were launched in 2004.
Russell Braterman, marketing director at Phones4u, said: "As we continue to be a youth-focused brand whose heritage is built on humour, this campaign reinforces our unique and mischievous nature in tone and theme, which is what our customers have come to expect from Phones4u."
The TV spots will run between a number of programmes aimed at 16- to 24-year-olds, including Glee, Friends, Britain’s Got Talent and Hollyoaks.
In addition, the campaign will run across media channels such as press and radio, including a sponsorship on Bauer Radio’s Kiss FM. Digital work will take in sites such as Facebook and Twitter, and there will be PR and in-store activity.
Eden, the media partnership between Adam & Eve and the7stars, is responsible for the media planning and buying for the campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Insight Analyst Premier Consultants £55,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager / European Brand Leader - 12 month contract Seven Search and Selection £65k plus £7,500 car allowance, 20% bonus plus package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Bosch secures sponsorship deal with Channel 4's Sunday Brunch