Harris named UM's EMEA digital head
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 20 May 2010 11:05AM
LONDON - Universal McCann has appointed James Harris, the Diffiniti deputy managing director, to the role of head of digital for the EMEA region.
Harris co-founded the Aegis-owned digital agency Diffiniti with the current Carat managing director, Rob Horler, in 1996. The agency evolved from Carat Interactive. In his new role, Harris will work across the UM clients Microsoft, Xbox, MasterCard and Coca-Cola.
He replaces Rick Corteville, who has returned to his native US to take the role of global client director at the fellow Interpublic agency Reprise. Corteville joined UM from the Omnicom Group digital agency Organic in February 2008.
Jim Hytner, the president of UM EMEA, said: "We are really seeing some momentum with UM in the EMEA region and James will add to that momentum. We see the near future as ramping up the seniority of our staff and this is an opportunity to infuse digital even more into the agency."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head Of Insight Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Strategist, Top London Agency Direct Recruitment £45,000-£70,000, London (Greater)
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Instagram partners with Omnicom to launch ad service in the UK
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review
- Hovis appoints Mother to ad account