O2 strikes deal with Dell for iPad rival
LONDON - O2 has struck an exclusive partnership with Dell for the launch of its iPad rival, Dell Streak.
Somewhere in the middle, between Apple's iPad and a smartphone, Dell's Android-based tablet will offer thousands of Android apps when it becomes available in June.
The Streak features a five-megapixel camera, fast processor, built-in Wi-Fi and a five-inch touch screen.
O2 will offer value tariffs and customer service with O2 'gurus' on hand in-store to help customers with the new product. O2 will also sell Apple's iPad in-store.
Last year, O2's two-year period of exclusivity with Apple iPhone came to end, enabling rival networks to offer the smartphone to their customers.
Steve Alder, O2's general manager, devices, said: "The Dell Streak is a bold new class of product, something we wanted to bring to our customers first. This means we can continue to offer our customers a range of the very best devices to make their lives a bit easier."
Separately, rival mobile operator Three today revealed it will offer a wi-fi and 3G data plan for the iPad, which is due to go on sale in the UK this Friday 28 May.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Group Account Director and Business Director air recruitment Up to £75k dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £55,000, London
- Senior CRM Planner Direct Recruitment £80,000 - £95,000, Central London
- Brand Leader - FMCG to £60k Network Career Consultants £55000 - £60000 per annum, Switzerland