Nestlé launches brand extension for KitKat
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 04:32PM
LONDON - Nestlé is to extend its confectionary offering with the launch of a new brand extension called KitKat Chunky Caramel Duo.
The move forms part of Nestlé's bid to extend its kingsize singles range with new product development activity.
Nestle launched KitKat Chunky Caramel in August last year. According to unofficial figures, the kingsize sector is worth £94m in the UK, growing 13% on the year.
The sector outperformed the overall confectionary category last year.
Nestlé brands that performed well across the category included KitKat Chunky Duo Milk.
Kingsize singles are for the most part purchased by men who want to eat while on the go.
Last year, Nestlé announced that it planned to invest in digital marketing for the first time, as part of its promotional strategy for KitKat.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Italian speaking Media and Communiations Specialist Freedom Digital £25000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits, South East England
- Interactive Producer Salt £200 per day, City of London
- Freelance Junior Production Assistant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £10 - £12 per hour, Warwickshire
- Digital Marketing Manager - SkyAtlantic/Sky1/SkyLiving/SkyArts Sky Negotiable, London
- Virgin Media 'night owl' ad to break in Gogglebox
- Johnnie Walker calls global ad review
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Testicular cancer awareness campaign launches comedy show
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media