Nestlé launches brand extension for KitKat
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 04:32PM
LONDON - Nestlé is to extend its confectionary offering with the launch of a new brand extension called KitKat Chunky Caramel Duo.
The move forms part of Nestlé's bid to extend its kingsize singles range with new product development activity.
Nestle launched KitKat Chunky Caramel in August last year. According to unofficial figures, the kingsize sector is worth £94m in the UK, growing 13% on the year.
The sector outperformed the overall confectionary category last year.
Nestlé brands that performed well across the category included KitKat Chunky Duo Milk.
Kingsize singles are for the most part purchased by men who want to eat while on the go.
Last year, Nestlé announced that it planned to invest in digital marketing for the first time, as part of its promotional strategy for KitKat.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £29,000 - £37,000 + Benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £50,000- £59,000 + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Insight Manager, Digital Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Global Digital Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Advertising Specialist Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum , West Midlands Region
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad