Nestlé launches brand extension for KitKat
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 04:32PM
LONDON - Nestlé is to extend its confectionary offering with the launch of a new brand extension called KitKat Chunky Caramel Duo.
The move forms part of Nestlé's bid to extend its kingsize singles range with new product development activity.
Nestle launched KitKat Chunky Caramel in August last year. According to unofficial figures, the kingsize sector is worth £94m in the UK, growing 13% on the year.
The sector outperformed the overall confectionary category last year.
Nestlé brands that performed well across the category included KitKat Chunky Duo Milk.
Kingsize singles are for the most part purchased by men who want to eat while on the go.
Last year, Nestlé announced that it planned to invest in digital marketing for the first time, as part of its promotional strategy for KitKat.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show