Nestlé launches brand extension for KitKat
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 04:32PM
LONDON - Nestlé is to extend its confectionary offering with the launch of a new brand extension called KitKat Chunky Caramel Duo.
The move forms part of Nestlé's bid to extend its kingsize singles range with new product development activity.
Nestle launched KitKat Chunky Caramel in August last year. According to unofficial figures, the kingsize sector is worth £94m in the UK, growing 13% on the year.
The sector outperformed the overall confectionary category last year.
Nestlé brands that performed well across the category included KitKat Chunky Duo Milk.
Kingsize singles are for the most part purchased by men who want to eat while on the go.
Last year, Nestlé announced that it planned to invest in digital marketing for the first time, as part of its promotional strategy for KitKat.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Evian baby Spider-Man 'rescues' fans with Twitter answers
- YouTube reveals user habits to appeal to 'older' marketers
- Pitch update: eBay's media contest, DFS and 2 Sisters Food Group
- Three's pony and cats with thumbs top the cute Easter ad chart
- McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
- Metro launches content agency