VCCP lands £3m account for property site Zoopla
By Joe Thomas, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 26 May 2010 11:20AM
LONDON - Zoopla has appointed VCCP to its estimated £3m TV advertising account, following a pitch against undisclosed agencies.
The property website is looking to capitalise on its rapid growth within the past 12 months, which has been driven through acquisitions of rival sites.
A spokesman for Zoopla.co.uk would not confirm the appointment of VCCP, but said: "We are in the process of appointing an agency to work on an above-the-line advertising campaign for later this year."
Albion, which was appointed to handle strategic branding activity earlier this year, has now resigned that account.
VCCP declined to comment.
Zoopla was launched in 2008 by Alex Chesterman and Simon Kain, the founders of LoveFilm, which was previously known as ScreenSelect. Zoopla hired Doug Monro as chief operating officer from Gumtree.com, where was managing director with previous positions at eBay and Unilever.
In July 2009, Zoopla acquired Thinkproperty.com from the Guardian Media Group. The following month it purchased the PropertyFinder Groups brands, Propertyfinder.com, HotProperty.co.uk and UKPropertyshop.co.uk from News International and Australia-based property website publisher REA Group.
Chesterman holds the positions of chairman and chief executive at Zoopla, which sits behind market leader Rightmove.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- SEO & PPC Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CRM Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Planning Account Director Aspire £50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Bloomberg appoints Matt Teeman as commercial director EMEA
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- Samsung celebrates Prince George's birthday
- BBC to end exclusive Red Bee Media production deal
- Happy birthday Mr Ad Server: the future of RTB