Bacardi names Silvia Lagnado as chief marketing officer
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 27 May 2010 08:35AM
LONDON - Bacardi has appointed Silvia Lagnado, a former Unilever marketer, as chief marketing officer of Bacardi Limited and President of Bacardi Global Brands.
Lagnado will start at the drinks company in September having worked at Unilever for 24 years. She worked on the Dove toiletry brand, including campaigns such as "Campaign for Real Beauty", but was most recently executive vice-president for savoury products at the FMCG giant.
At Bacardi ,Lagnado will be responsible for global marketing initiatives for the company's portfolio of spirit brands, which include Bacardi rum, Grey Goose vodka and Bombay Sapphire gin.
She will report to Séamus McBride, president and CEO of Bacardi Limited and chairman of Bacardi International Limited.
McBride said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome Silvia to Bacardi given her outstanding track record and inspirational leadership in international consumer brand marketing. I know Silvia will be invaluable to us in building toward our ambitious long-term growth goals for our iconic brands."
Stella David stepped down from the role of chief marketing officer last August, having announced her departure in June. David had spent 15 years at Bacardi and left to join William Grant & Sons as chief executive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Content Director AF Selection £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits, Birmingham
- Advertising Operations Specialist Propel £24000 - £32000 per annum, City of London
- New Business Manager Gabriele Skelton £35000 per annum, London
- Online Channel Manager Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 plus benefits, London