Bacardi names Silvia Lagnado as chief marketing officer
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Thursday, 27 May 2010 08:35AM
LONDON - Bacardi has appointed Silvia Lagnado, a former Unilever marketer, as chief marketing officer of Bacardi Limited and President of Bacardi Global Brands.
Lagnado will start at the drinks company in September having worked at Unilever for 24 years. She worked on the Dove toiletry brand, including campaigns such as "Campaign for Real Beauty", but was most recently executive vice-president for savoury products at the FMCG giant.
At Bacardi ,Lagnado will be responsible for global marketing initiatives for the company's portfolio of spirit brands, which include Bacardi rum, Grey Goose vodka and Bombay Sapphire gin.
She will report to Séamus McBride, president and CEO of Bacardi Limited and chairman of Bacardi International Limited.
McBride said: "I am absolutely delighted to welcome Silvia to Bacardi given her outstanding track record and inspirational leadership in international consumer brand marketing. I know Silvia will be invaluable to us in building toward our ambitious long-term growth goals for our iconic brands."
Stella David stepped down from the role of chief marketing officer last August, having announced her departure in June. David had spent 15 years at Bacardi and left to join William Grant & Sons as chief executive.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager | 6 month contract Twist Recruitment £35000 - £43000 per annum, City of London
- Technical Project Manager Aspire £24000 - £26000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director | 6 month contract Twist Recruitment £50000.00 - £58000.00 per annum, City of London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood