MCBD and SodaStream part company ahead of relaunch
By Joe Thomas, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2010 04:25PM
MCBD and SodaStream have parted company ahead of the planned relaunch of the soft drinks brand this summer, citing "creative differences".
A spokeswoman for MCBD said: "We have parted company amicably, because of creative differences."
However, the termination of the relationship will not affect the relaunch, as it is understood that the advertising work will now be done in-house.
The campaign is scheduled to include TV ads, and will see the revival of its 80's strapline: 'Get busy with the fizzy'. It is being overseen by marketing director Fiona Hope, a former marketer at Greene King and Coca-Cola.
Soda Club, the owner of SodaStream, has attempted to relaunch the product in the UK on a number of occasions in recent years. In the run-up to Christmas, the brand ran a UK digital campaign, re-using the iconic strapline.
Founded in the UK in 1903, SodaStream was purchased by Cadbury Schweppes in 1985. It was sold to Soda Club in 1998.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Data Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East England
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show