MCBD and SodaStream part company ahead of relaunch
By Joe Thomas, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 28 May 2010 04:25PM
MCBD and SodaStream have parted company ahead of the planned relaunch of the soft drinks brand this summer, citing "creative differences".
A spokeswoman for MCBD said: "We have parted company amicably, because of creative differences."
However, the termination of the relationship will not affect the relaunch, as it is understood that the advertising work will now be done in-house.
The campaign is scheduled to include TV ads, and will see the revival of its 80's strapline: 'Get busy with the fizzy'. It is being overseen by marketing director Fiona Hope, a former marketer at Greene King and Coca-Cola.
Soda Club, the owner of SodaStream, has attempted to relaunch the product in the UK on a number of occasions in recent years. In the run-up to Christmas, the brand ran a UK digital campaign, re-using the iconic strapline.
Founded in the UK in 1903, SodaStream was purchased by Cadbury Schweppes in 1985. It was sold to Soda Club in 1998.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head Of Communications - PR and Digital Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 p.a., London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Retail Advertising Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 p.a., South East England
- CONTENT QA - GERMAN SPEAKING Live Recruitment £15000 - £18000 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- WEBSITE ASSISTANT - ARABIC SPEAKING Live Recruitment £14000 - £16500 per annum + Benefits, Birmingham
- MIDDLEWEIGHT 3D DESIGNER - EVENTS Live Recruitment Negotiable, Hertfordshire
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'