Porsche hands £70m global media duties to PHD
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 June 2010 09:30AM
Porsche has awarded its estimated £70m global media planning and buying account to PHD Group.
The account was picked up by the network after a battle against MediaCom, Starcom MediaVest Group and MPG
MediaCom was thought by many observers to be the favourite to win the account because it holds the majority of the global Volkswagen media account and VW is set to merge with Porsche.
However, sources close to the situation had indicated that Porsche was "fiercely independent" about its brand, and that this was reflected in its choice of media agency.
PHD, which previously handled Porsche's media planning and buying account in Germany, will now also oversee Porsche's media in key markets such as the US, UK, China, Australia, Italy, France and Canada.
The business was previously handled by a range of agencies on a local basis. The UK account, which was previously with Starcom MediaVest Group, is likely to move into PHD Group agency Rocket.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Lead Domestic Product Manager Three £Competitive + 20% bonus + benefits, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Sales Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Junior E-commerce Retoucher Purple Consultancy £18000 - £22000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- 8 things I learnt as an IPA ad student
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film