Porsche hands £70m global media duties to PHD
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 01 June 2010 09:30AM
Porsche has awarded its estimated £70m global media planning and buying account to PHD Group.
The account was picked up by the network after a battle against MediaCom, Starcom MediaVest Group and MPG
MediaCom was thought by many observers to be the favourite to win the account because it holds the majority of the global Volkswagen media account and VW is set to merge with Porsche.
However, sources close to the situation had indicated that Porsche was "fiercely independent" about its brand, and that this was reflected in its choice of media agency.
PHD, which previously handled Porsche's media planning and buying account in Germany, will now also oversee Porsche's media in key markets such as the US, UK, China, Australia, Italy, France and Canada.
The business was previously handled by a range of agencies on a local basis. The UK account, which was previously with Starcom MediaVest Group, is likely to move into PHD Group agency Rocket.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior PR Account Executive AF Selection £21000 - £23000 per annum, Gloucester
- Digital Designer Source £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- International Account Manager - Media Planning - Leading Agency - to £30k + brilliant benefits Fill Recruitment £28 to £30k + superb benefits!, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £50000 per annum, Bristol
- Insight Analyst Salt £200 - £300 per day, Nottingham
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Ogilvy & Mather's radio work for Dove 'reduces Cannes jury to tears'
- Cannes 2015: Highlights from the Campaign beach party