Diageo streamlines ad strategy
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 June 2010 09:11AM
Diageo GB is consolidating its marketing strategy across its portfolio of brands and has called a review of its below-the-line agency arrangements.
The firm, which owns the Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness brands, is reviewing direct mail, digital and CRM activity.
The direct and digital agencies that are understood to be affected include Tullo Marshall Warren (TMW), AKQA, Agency Republic and Chemistry Communications.
A spokeswoman for Diageo said: "The review is to ensure we have efficient, creative, first-class business practices and partners in place."
TMW works across several brands. AKQA handles Smir-noff, and Agency Republic and Chemistry work on Baileys.
Roster creative agencies include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Adam & Eve and JWT.
Diageo spent £24.5m on advertising in 2009, according to Nielsen. This was down 27% on the £33.9m spent in 2008.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London
- Marketing Director Stopgap £55000 per annum, London
- Account Executive ADLIB £20000 - £24000 per annum, Bristol Avon
- Business Development Manager Stopgap £48000 per annum, London