Diageo streamlines ad strategy
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 June 2010 09:11AM
Diageo GB is consolidating its marketing strategy across its portfolio of brands and has called a review of its below-the-line agency arrangements.
The firm, which owns the Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness brands, is reviewing direct mail, digital and CRM activity.
The direct and digital agencies that are understood to be affected include Tullo Marshall Warren (TMW), AKQA, Agency Republic and Chemistry Communications.
A spokeswoman for Diageo said: "The review is to ensure we have efficient, creative, first-class business practices and partners in place."
TMW works across several brands. AKQA handles Smir-noff, and Agency Republic and Chemistry work on Baileys.
Roster creative agencies include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Adam & Eve and JWT.
Diageo spent £24.5m on advertising in 2009, according to Nielsen. This was down 27% on the £33.9m spent in 2008.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Business Development Manager £45-50k basic (£80-100k OTE) Salt £45000 - £50000 per annum + (£80-100k OTE) + benefits , Leeds
- Senior Planner - 4 Days Part Time Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Account Director [Car Account] - Advertising Agency Fill Recruitment c£55k+, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- PR / Account Executive Twist Recruitment £18000 - £24000 per annum + Gym, Bonus, Heathcare!, City of London