Diageo streamlines ad strategy
By Joe Thomas, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 June 2010 09:11AM
Diageo GB is consolidating its marketing strategy across its portfolio of brands and has called a review of its below-the-line agency arrangements.
The firm, which owns the Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness brands, is reviewing direct mail, digital and CRM activity.
The direct and digital agencies that are understood to be affected include Tullo Marshall Warren (TMW), AKQA, Agency Republic and Chemistry Communications.
A spokeswoman for Diageo said: "The review is to ensure we have efficient, creative, first-class business practices and partners in place."
TMW works across several brands. AKQA handles Smir-noff, and Agency Republic and Chemistry work on Baileys.
Roster creative agencies include Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Adam & Eve and JWT.
Diageo spent £24.5m on advertising in 2009, according to Nielsen. This was down 27% on the £33.9m spent in 2008.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director - Freelance Role, £300 a day. DRTV / TV ATL role MODA consult £300 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director / Group Account Director - Maternity Cover Integrated Role MODA consult £60k - £65k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location
- Senior Account Manager / Junior Account Director - Maternity Cover ATL / TV Role MODA consult £42k - £45k pro rata salary, Central London - Great Soho Location