McDonald's unveils World Cup ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 02 June 2010 09:13AM
Leo Burnett has created tailored TV spots for McDonald's in England, Scotland and Wales as part of its marketing drive around the forthcoming World Cup.
The fast-food company, which is an official sponsor of the World Cup, is undertaking a varied, cross-platform approach to its marketing for the event, which also encompasses the introduction of a limited-edition Mars-flavoured milkshake.
The campaign kicks off this Saturday (5 June) with the England TV spot, planned and bought by media agency OMD. The ads build on McDonald's 'Favourites' campaign that ran last year and retains its 'Just Passing by' ode.
McDonald's says the ads celebrate "how the restaurant provides something for everyone, football fan or not, as Britain lives through the ups and downs of the tournament".
Further elements of the campaign include the McDonald's Piccadilly sign in London displaying a series of themed messages which aim to lure people to take part in the Mexican wave.
The limited-edition Mars shake will be introduced this month while a press and outdoor campaign will highlight some of the brand's fast-food staples.
A competition will offer the chance to travel to the World Cup.
Last month, McDonald's unveiled the first wave of its activity around London 2012, which it also sponsors.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Sales Account Manager Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Commission + Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager (Agency Sales) Propel £35000 - £40000 per annum + 40% commission scheme , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £100,000 per annum, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Opportunity to Join the Blue Skies Agency Freelance Team Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent bonus + benefits, London (Greater) / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film