Pernod-Ricard shifts global Kahlua account out of Publicis into TBWA
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 June 2010 12:30PM
Pernod-Ricard brand Kahlua has moved its multimillion global advertising account out of Publicis New York and into TBWA's New York office.
The move followed a pitch that also involved roster agencies Publicis London and Euro RSCG.
The drinks group, which spent $14m on media in the US according to Nielsen data, is preparing to relaunch the coffee liqueur across the globe. It is understood that Kahlua's advertising has been dormant for the last couple of years.
Omnicom Group's TBWA\Chiat\Day office takes over the account, which will be managed by account director Lyndsey Corona. It becomes responsible for all Kahlua's global advertising.
TBWA handles a number of Pernod-Ricard's brands, including Absolut, Martell and Jameson.
Mathias Westphal, Kahlua's global marketing director, said in a statement: "TBWA\Chiat\Day New York has a proven ability to help reshape brand on a global scale ... [It was] key to our decision to appoint them as global communications agency for Kahlua."
Publicis London works on a number of Pernod-Ricard brands and was last year appointed to manage the group's £25m global Malibu account.
Kahlua was originally created in Mexico in 1936. It is operated and marketed globally by Pernod-Ricard's Absolut division.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Marketing EMR £60000 - £80000 per annum, City of London
- Group Head Marketing EMR £69000 - £70000 per annum, Jersey
- Director of Communications & External Affairs Veredus Unspecified, London (Greater)