Pernod-Ricard shifts global Kahlua account out of Publicis into TBWA
By Ben Bold, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 04 June 2010 12:30PM
Pernod-Ricard brand Kahlua has moved its multimillion global advertising account out of Publicis New York and into TBWA's New York office.
The move followed a pitch that also involved roster agencies Publicis London and Euro RSCG.
The drinks group, which spent $14m on media in the US according to Nielsen data, is preparing to relaunch the coffee liqueur across the globe. It is understood that Kahlua's advertising has been dormant for the last couple of years.
Omnicom Group's TBWA\Chiat\Day office takes over the account, which will be managed by account director Lyndsey Corona. It becomes responsible for all Kahlua's global advertising.
TBWA handles a number of Pernod-Ricard's brands, including Absolut, Martell and Jameson.
Mathias Westphal, Kahlua's global marketing director, said in a statement: "TBWA\Chiat\Day New York has a proven ability to help reshape brand on a global scale ... [It was] key to our decision to appoint them as global communications agency for Kahlua."
Publicis London works on a number of Pernod-Ricard brands and was last year appointed to manage the group's £25m global Malibu account.
Kahlua was originally created in Mexico in 1936. It is operated and marketed globally by Pernod-Ricard's Absolut division.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex
- Designer - Stunning Agency - Central London - c£40k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£40k, Central London