Lucozade reviews £7m advertising account
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 June 2010 05:10PM
Lucozade Energy is reviewing its £7m advertising account, and has invited roster agencies M&C Saatchi and Ogilvy to pitch.
The review comes four years after the two agencies pitched against each other for the then £5m UK creative account for Lucozade Energy, then held by Ogilvy.
M&C won, taking control of Lucozade's entire UK drinks business as it already handled the Hydro Active and Sport sub-brands. Ogilvy was retained to handle Lucozade's advertising in Ireland.
Brand owner GlaxoSmithKline has intensified marketing activity this year, including running the first TV ad for Lucozade Energy for five years in March and promoting Lucozade Sport's affiliation with the England football team.
Lucozade Energy spent £7m on advertising during 2009, according to Nielsen.
Lucozade brand owner GlaxoSmithKline has not responded to invitations to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne