Lucozade reviews £7m advertising account
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 08 June 2010 05:10PM
Lucozade Energy is reviewing its £7m advertising account, and has invited roster agencies M&C Saatchi and Ogilvy to pitch.
The review comes four years after the two agencies pitched against each other for the then £5m UK creative account for Lucozade Energy, then held by Ogilvy.
M&C won, taking control of Lucozade's entire UK drinks business as it already handled the Hydro Active and Sport sub-brands. Ogilvy was retained to handle Lucozade's advertising in Ireland.
Brand owner GlaxoSmithKline has intensified marketing activity this year, including running the first TV ad for Lucozade Energy for five years in March and promoting Lucozade Sport's affiliation with the England football team.
Lucozade Energy spent £7m on advertising during 2009, according to Nielsen.
Lucozade brand owner GlaxoSmithKline has not responded to invitations to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- Freelance Account Manager/ Senior Account Manager Prospect Resourcing Ltd £150 - £200 per day, London (Greater)
- Digital Creative Director - (Copy) £75,000 London EC2 Mark Paine Recruitment to £75,000 plus benefits, EC2A 1AE, London (Greater)
- SEO Manager - Client-side! Leading UK Lifestyle Publisher! Ultimate Asset £45000 per annum, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Sales Manager - Video, Mobile & TV plus some management Ultimate Asset £38000 - £45000 per annum + commission & benefits, London
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account