Karmarama wins £20m Plusnet ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 June 2010 10:35AM
BT-owned Plusnet, the UK-based internet service provider, has appointed Karmarama to handle its £20 million integrated advertising account.
Karmarama won the business following a pitch against MCBD, Swarm (Y&R's conlict shop) and McCann Erickson Manchester.
The pitch process, which kicked off in March, was handled by the AAR.
Karmarama will initially work on the national launch of Plusnet, as it moves from being a regional internet service provider to a national brand providing broadband across the whole of the UK.
The agency will create a number of campaigns to raise the profile of Plusnet, help attract new customers and build stronger relationships with their existing customer base.
Plusnet's advertising has previously focused on digital and outdoor and it has worked with various shops on a project basis, such as Chemistry and Twentysix Leeds.
Nick Rawlings, the commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "Throughout the pitch process Karmarama demonstrated real creativity and vigour in conveying an understanding of our business and the challenges at hand. We're delighted to be working with them."
Plusnet was founded in 1997, and now provides home phone and broadband services to more than 200,000 customers across the UK.
The Sheffield-based company was bought by BT in January 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Business Development Manager Fill Recruitment Ltd c£37k + generous bonus , Hampshire, Winchester
- Ecommerce Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital GBP35000 - GBP50000 per annum, Guildford
- Senior Digital Executive London Michael Page Digital GBP30000 - GBP35000 per annum, London
- Online Marketing Assistant Michael Page Digital GBP9 per hour, Hemel Hempstead
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.