Karmarama wins £20m Plusnet ad account
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 10 June 2010 10:35AM
BT-owned Plusnet, the UK-based internet service provider, has appointed Karmarama to handle its £20 million integrated advertising account.
Karmarama won the business following a pitch against MCBD, Swarm (Y&R's conlict shop) and McCann Erickson Manchester.
The pitch process, which kicked off in March, was handled by the AAR.
Karmarama will initially work on the national launch of Plusnet, as it moves from being a regional internet service provider to a national brand providing broadband across the whole of the UK.
The agency will create a number of campaigns to raise the profile of Plusnet, help attract new customers and build stronger relationships with their existing customer base.
Plusnet's advertising has previously focused on digital and outdoor and it has worked with various shops on a project basis, such as Chemistry and Twentysix Leeds.
Nick Rawlings, the commercial and marketing director at Plusnet, said: "Throughout the pitch process Karmarama demonstrated real creativity and vigour in conveying an understanding of our business and the challenges at hand. We're delighted to be working with them."
Plusnet was founded in 1997, and now provides home phone and broadband services to more than 200,000 customers across the UK.
The Sheffield-based company was bought by BT in January 2007.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Agency Account Executive - truly exciting multi-solution sell Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + great benefits, West End
- Agency Group Head - exciting real-time social platform! Ultimate Asset £60000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, West End
- HEAD OF PROJECTS - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London
- Ecommerce Content Manager - Travel brand - £40K + bonus Salt £38000 - £42000 per annum, London
- SEO/Social Media Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £23-28k + Benefits, Manchester
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account
- Geometry Dubai hands over Cannes Grand Prix amid controversy