Npower launches football-themed energy tariff
Npower is launching its biggest ever sales promotion to mark the beginning of its three-year sponsorship of the Football League.
The ‘Football Saver' promotion will offer new customers 7% off standard monthly direct debit prices for dual fuel, as well as a £45 voucher which consumers can spend in their local Football League club shop.
Customers signing up for the deal, which rolls out tomorrow (17 June) to coincide with the publication of next season's Football League fixtures, are guaranteed that their bills will remain 7% cheaper than Npower standard direct debit rates until 30 September 2011.
Npower claims that the ‘Football Saver' product is on average £68 per year cheaper than British Gas' standard monthly direct debit dual fuel offering, and over £90 cheaper than the Scottish and Southern Energy (SSE) equivalent.
A campaign backing the launch will include a TV ad starring Aardman animation character Wallace and Gromit, as well as PR shots featuring former Manchester United, Aston Villa and England striker Dion Dublin, who becomes an official Npower brand ambassador.
"When designing this product we wanted to achieve two goals, first we wanted to support local football clubs across the country, second we wanted a competitive offline product for new Npower customers," said Giuseppe Di Vita, managing director of customer markets at Npower.
The energy brand announced its £21m three-year deal to replace Coca-Cola as the sponsor of the Football League in March. At the same time, Npower unveiled a new brand visual identity to help it reposition as an energy services provider.
Npower recently launched its biggest-ever print ad campaign to promote its home services, such as Hometeam 50, carrying the line "Only with us".
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- SAE or Account Manager £20-26k, London Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing / IT Support Executive - Permanent - London Ninesharp £22000 - £25000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Head of SEO Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + Amazing Benefits , Hammersmith and Fulham
- Owned Media Director - SEO Ultimate Asset £42000 - £48000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show