Vizeum lands BT's 2012 comms brief
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 June 2010 08:00AM
Vizeum has won the strategic media planning account for BT's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
The Aegis-owned agency partnered with the specialist sponsorship agency IMG in a pitch against undisclosed agencies handled by the AAR.
Vizeum will work on media strategy, while the sports specialist IMG will create sponsorship activation on the account. It is Vizeum's first appointment to the BT roster.
BT is a first-tier domestic sponsor of the Olympics and the official communications services partner. Tier-one sponsors donate around £40 million and are expected to get publicity worth up to £80 million from their connection with the Games and the use of the 2012 logo on ads with the Olympic rings.
BT's £75 million media planning and buying account moved in February to Maxus, which is unaffected by Vizeum's appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Strategy Consumer Goods RETAIL Source £68000 - £118000 per annum, London
- Creative Brand Strategist Rare Selection £35 - £50K (benefits TBA), London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - BTL / Integrated - [partnerships] - to £40k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £40k plus top benefits, pending experience, London (Greater)
- Account Manager - Integrated / Shopper - FMCG - Superb agency! Fill Recruitment Up to £32k plus great benefits, London (Greater)
- BBC social media manager calls for brands to add value
- Dave Trott: Great advertising isn't just gimmicks
- Johnny Fearless closes after client departure
- WPP launches Xaxis Audio with Global
- Google aims to hold brands' hands with 'programmatic playbook'
- Manning Gottlieb OMD, MediaCom and PHD head shortlist for 2015 Thinkbox TV Planning Awards