Vizeum lands BT's 2012 comms brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 June 2010 08:00AM
Vizeum has won the strategic media planning account for BT's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
The Aegis-owned agency partnered with the specialist sponsorship agency IMG in a pitch against undisclosed agencies handled by the AAR.
Vizeum will work on media strategy, while the sports specialist IMG will create sponsorship activation on the account. It is Vizeum's first appointment to the BT roster.
BT is a first-tier domestic sponsor of the Olympics and the official communications services partner. Tier-one sponsors donate around £40 million and are expected to get publicity worth up to £80 million from their connection with the Games and the use of the 2012 logo on ads with the Olympic rings.
BT's £75 million media planning and buying account moved in February to Maxus, which is unaffected by Vizeum's appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
Twitter isn’t a social network site, say some teens