Vizeum lands BT's 2012 comms brief
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 June 2010 08:00AM
Vizeum has won the strategic media planning account for BT's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
The Aegis-owned agency partnered with the specialist sponsorship agency IMG in a pitch against undisclosed agencies handled by the AAR.
Vizeum will work on media strategy, while the sports specialist IMG will create sponsorship activation on the account. It is Vizeum's first appointment to the BT roster.
BT is a first-tier domestic sponsor of the Olympics and the official communications services partner. Tier-one sponsors donate around £40 million and are expected to get publicity worth up to £80 million from their connection with the Games and the use of the 2012 logo on ads with the Olympic rings.
BT's £75 million media planning and buying account moved in February to Maxus, which is unaffected by Vizeum's appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers