Vizeum lands BT's 2012 comms brief
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 17 June 2010 08:00AM
Vizeum has won the strategic media planning account for BT's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympics.
The Aegis-owned agency partnered with the specialist sponsorship agency IMG in a pitch against undisclosed agencies handled by the AAR.
Vizeum will work on media strategy, while the sports specialist IMG will create sponsorship activation on the account. It is Vizeum's first appointment to the BT roster.
BT is a first-tier domestic sponsor of the Olympics and the official communications services partner. Tier-one sponsors donate around £40 million and are expected to get publicity worth up to £80 million from their connection with the Games and the use of the 2012 logo on ads with the Olympic rings.
BT's £75 million media planning and buying account moved in February to Maxus, which is unaffected by Vizeum's appointment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Studio Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £29000 - £32000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure