UK picks up four PR Lions at Cannes but agencies fail to take gold
By Matt Cartmell, prweek.com, Tuesday, 22 June 2010 09:05AM
The Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival saw just four UK agencies pick up gongs in last night's PR Lions awards.
Exposure picked up an award for its PR work for Umbro, while Fleishman-Hillard won for its World Hepatitis Alliance brief.
In addition, Havas Sports and Entertainment/Cake Media picked up an award for Sainsbury's and Weber Shandwick was recognised for its GSK work.
None managed to pick up better than a Silver.
Overall, 11 Gold Lions were handed out in the PR category, to Germany (three), Italy (two), Sweden (two), US (two), Belgium (one) and Finland (one). The UK submitted 59 entries this year, the second highest of any country.
The US was the most active, nearly doubling the number of its submissions year on year from 46 to 82.
Last year, only two UK agencies won PR Lions: Resonate London and Weber Shandwick.
The new category was chaired by chairman and chief executive of Hill & Knowlton Paul Taaffe.
Also on the panel were managing director of Resonate Michael Frohlich and Weber Shandwick CEO for UK and Europe Colin Byrne.
This article was first published on prweek.com
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London