Cyber Lions Grand Prix go to DDB and W+K
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 23 June 2010 09:00PM
CANNES 2010 - Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO scooped three awards each in the Cyber category at this year's Cannes Lions, but it was DDB Stockholm and Wieden & Kennedy Portland that took home the top prizes.
DDB Stockholm was awarded a Grand Prix for its 'Fun Theory' campaign for Volkswagen Sweden, which promoted the car manufacturer’s Blue Motion technology by making everyday tasks more fun, such as turning a set of stairs into a fully working piano and adding a sound effect to a rubbish bin.
Wieden & Kennedy Portland won the second Grand Prix thanks to its 'Chalkbot' work for the Nike Livestrong Foundation. The campaign asked members of the public to submit a message of hope to the world, which the brand would then display by spraying the words onto the Tour De France circuit as the race was going on.
The interactive agency of the year prize went to Crispin Porter & Bogusky and BBH was the runner-up.
Overall, nine UK agencies shared 14 Lions, including one Gold, six Silvers and seven Bronzes.
The Gold went to DDB UK for its 'Monopoly City Streets' campaign for Hasbro, which launched a live game of Monopoly using Google Maps.
BBH London won two of the five UK Silvers, picking up Lions for 'Turn Around' for Barnardo’s and 'Fan Video' for MySpace.
SapientNitro London was a double-winner, scooping a Silver for its Auto Trader iPhone app ad a Bronze for its Wall's smile activated vending machine.
AMV BBDO’s Silver came for its 'Thinking Spaces' website for The Economist, while OgilvyOne’s 'Seer Wimbledon' work for IBM and Mother’s 'Giving is Glorious' agency Christmas email were also awarded Silver Lions.
Two Bronze Lions were given to AMV BBDO’s Economist work, with the other four being picked up by AKQA London, BBH London, Saint@RKCR/Y&R and Tequila\London.
The strongest showings in the category came from the US, which won 33 Lions, and Sweden, which picked up 21.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Director: Liverpool Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Liverpool
- Junior Artworker #RETAIL #FASHION #CONSUMERGOODS #PACKAGING Creative Recruitment £23000 per annum, London
- INTEGRATED DESIGNER 70% DIGITAL 30% PRINT #HTML #INTERNALCOMMS Creative Recruitment £30000 per annum, London
- Junior Designer,Developer #HMTL #CSS Creative Recruitment £25000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Manager. #WEBBUILDS #MOBILEAPPS #TABLETAPPS Creative Recruitment £35000 - £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne