Cyber Lions Grand Prix go to DDB and W+K
CANNES 2010 - Bartle Bogle Hegarty and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO scooped three awards each in the Cyber category at this year's Cannes Lions, but it was DDB Stockholm and Wieden & Kennedy Portland that took home the top prizes.
DDB Stockholm was awarded a Grand Prix for its 'Fun Theory' campaign for Volkswagen Sweden, which promoted the car manufacturer’s Blue Motion technology by making everyday tasks more fun, such as turning a set of stairs into a fully working piano and adding a sound effect to a rubbish bin.
Wieden & Kennedy Portland won the second Grand Prix thanks to its 'Chalkbot' work for the Nike Livestrong Foundation. The campaign asked members of the public to submit a message of hope to the world, which the brand would then display by spraying the words onto the Tour De France circuit as the race was going on.
The interactive agency of the year prize went to Crispin Porter & Bogusky and BBH was the runner-up.
Overall, nine UK agencies shared 14 Lions, including one Gold, six Silvers and seven Bronzes.
The Gold went to DDB UK for its 'Monopoly City Streets' campaign for Hasbro, which launched a live game of Monopoly using Google Maps.
BBH London won two of the five UK Silvers, picking up Lions for 'Turn Around' for Barnardo’s and 'Fan Video' for MySpace.
SapientNitro London was a double-winner, scooping a Silver for its Auto Trader iPhone app ad a Bronze for its Wall's smile activated vending machine.
AMV BBDO’s Silver came for its 'Thinking Spaces' website for The Economist, while OgilvyOne’s 'Seer Wimbledon' work for IBM and Mother’s 'Giving is Glorious' agency Christmas email were also awarded Silver Lions.
Two Bronze Lions were given to AMV BBDO’s Economist work, with the other four being picked up by AKQA London, BBH London, Saint@RKCR/Y&R and Tequila\London.
The strongest showings in the category came from the US, which won 33 Lions, and Sweden, which picked up 21.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire