O&M clears path for JWT Johnson & Johnson pitch
By Mark Banham, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 24 June 2010 04:10PM
Ogilvy & Mather is set to pull out of the global Johnson & Johnson (J&J) baby products creative review after a global realignment of Kimberly-Clark's advertising arrangements resulted in O&M taking over conflict business from JWT.
Ogilvy will now take control of the Huggies disposable nappies brand from JWT, leaving JWT without Kimberly-Clark products in the baby and childcare sector of the FMCG client's business.
This leaves a clear path for JWT to pitch for the J&J business, which includes its own Baby Care division including iconic brands such as Johnson’s Baby Lotion and Johnson's Baby Wipes.
In May, J&J kicked off a review of the global advertising arrangements for its range of baby products.
The company approached a number of its global roster shops, with a view to holding pitches for the work over the next six months.
The review will incorporate above-the-line advertising, which is currently handled by Lowe, and digital, which is handled by Profero.
In a statement, Kimberly-Clark said: "Kimberly-Clark Corporation today announced it is realigning creative agency assignments within WPP Group agency roster shops in order to receive single agency support globally by sector.
"Effective immediately, Ogilvy & Mather will be responsible for K-C's baby and child care and adult and feminine care brands globally, and JWT will be responsible for the company's family care brands globally."
Tony Palmer, Kimberly-Clark chief marketing officer, said: "This move is made to better position Kimberly-Clark to capture global growth and efficiency opportunities while eliminating potential conflict barriers."
J&J works with a variety of global agencies on its advertising roster, including DDB, JWT, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, and McCann Erickson.
The global alignment by brand category is not thought to affect Kimberly-Clark’s retained global media agency Mindshare.
JWT referred all calls to the client and Ogilvy & Mather was not available for comment. Johnson & Johnson was also not available for comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)