Marmite plots further pop-up shops
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 25 June 2010 10:30AM
Unilever is planning to open a number of Marmite pop-up shops as it looks to establish the brand's positioning in new areas.
Marmite opened a limited-edition pop-up shop in Regent Street, London last year.
It is now poised to launch new pop-up shops in 2011. The outlets will have a new location and will be different to the previous incarnation.
Matt Burgess, managing director of the brand, admitted it is plotting further launches.
He said: "We are looking at 2011 and it is under serious consideration. But it needs to be slightly different than before. It needs to be a new location, unusual location and bespoke."
The pop-up shop in London was open seven days a week and stocked more than 100 Marmite-inspired products, some of which were sold exclusively at the store.
Products included food, clothes, artwork and Christmas boxes. The pop-up shop was promoted through the brand's Twitter following.
To read the full interview with Burgess, look out for next week's issue of Marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Business Director Aspire £70000 - £80000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- PR Account Executive AF Selection £17,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- PR Account Director AF Selection £40,000, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Media Operations Executive Dot-Gap £25k , London Central