Marmite plots further pop-up shops
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 25 June 2010 10:30AM
Unilever is planning to open a number of Marmite pop-up shops as it looks to establish the brand's positioning in new areas.
Marmite opened a limited-edition pop-up shop in Regent Street, London last year.
It is now poised to launch new pop-up shops in 2011. The outlets will have a new location and will be different to the previous incarnation.
Matt Burgess, managing director of the brand, admitted it is plotting further launches.
He said: "We are looking at 2011 and it is under serious consideration. But it needs to be slightly different than before. It needs to be a new location, unusual location and bespoke."
The pop-up shop in London was open seven days a week and stocked more than 100 Marmite-inspired products, some of which were sold exclusively at the store.
Products included food, clothes, artwork and Christmas boxes. The pop-up shop was promoted through the brand's Twitter following.
To read the full interview with Burgess, look out for next week's issue of Marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London