Marmite plots further pop-up shops
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 25 June 2010 10:30AM
Unilever is planning to open a number of Marmite pop-up shops as it looks to establish the brand's positioning in new areas.
Marmite opened a limited-edition pop-up shop in Regent Street, London last year.
It is now poised to launch new pop-up shops in 2011. The outlets will have a new location and will be different to the previous incarnation.
Matt Burgess, managing director of the brand, admitted it is plotting further launches.
He said: "We are looking at 2011 and it is under serious consideration. But it needs to be slightly different than before. It needs to be a new location, unusual location and bespoke."
The pop-up shop in London was open seven days a week and stocked more than 100 Marmite-inspired products, some of which were sold exclusively at the store.
Products included food, clothes, artwork and Christmas boxes. The pop-up shop was promoted through the brand's Twitter following.
To read the full interview with Burgess, look out for next week's issue of Marketing.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Biddable Manager Aspire £35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned