DDB UK wins Film Craft Grand Prix at Cannes
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 26 June 2010 09:00PM
CANNES 2010 - DDB UK has become the first UK agency to win a Grand Prix at this year's Cannes Lions, scooping the top prize in the Film Craft category for its "The Gift" work for Philips.
The ad, which formed part of the "Parallel Lines" campaign, was one of 11 Lions that was won by the UK in an impressive showing, with the US (17) the only country to win more awards in the category.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R’s "Winter Olympics" campaign for the BBC, which won a BAFTA last month, was handed Gold, as was Mother’s "Piano" spot for Match.com.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO continued its impressive week with two Silvers, both for its Guinness "Bring to life" campaign, while Silvers also went to WCRS for Weetabix, Jack Morton London for Nokia, RKCR/Y&R for its "Breathe" COI spot and Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Johnnie Walker.
BBH picked up an additional Bronze for its "Economy Drive" spot for Audi.
Overall the judges handed out 42 Lions, including 11 Golds, 22 Silvers, and 9 Bronze.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Cannes reveals cyber, outdoor and radio jury presidents
- DDB turns to science in attempt to find the perfect ad
- AMV wins first Cannes Lions Grand Prix for Good
- Cannes 'Advertiser of the Year' celebrates marketing
- Old Spice scoops Cannes Film Lions Grand Prix
- US agencies dominate Titanium & Integrated Lions
- Sorrell questions commercialisation of social web
- Unilever's marketing chief to double digital spend
- HP pushes print at Cannes ad festival
- US agencies dominate Titanium Lions shortlist
- DDB and RKCR lead UK entries for Film Lions
- Cyber jury calls for new agency structures
- Close-Up: The whole world of advertising at your fingertips
- Philips 'Parallel Lines' by DDB London
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Senior Sales Manager Digital Gurus £50000 - £60000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits, City of London
- Digital Project Manager - London - Digital Agency - £50 + bonus Red Sofa London £50000 - £60000 per annum + benefits, London
- Front end developer (with design skills) Creative Recruitment £200 - £300 per day, City of London
- Business Development Executive Maverick Advertising & Design Competitive salary with performance based commission, London Bridge
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Heinz brings back invisible bottle of tomato ketchup
- Polycell gets cheeky in crack-filler campaign
- Initiative scoops Amazon global media business
- WCRS scoops £15m European Betfair ad account