DDB UK wins Film Craft Grand Prix at Cannes
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 26 June 2010 09:00PM
CANNES 2010 - DDB UK has become the first UK agency to win a Grand Prix at this year's Cannes Lions, scooping the top prize in the Film Craft category for its "The Gift" work for Philips.
The ad, which formed part of the "Parallel Lines" campaign, was one of 11 Lions that was won by the UK in an impressive showing, with the US (17) the only country to win more awards in the category.
Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R’s "Winter Olympics" campaign for the BBC, which won a BAFTA last month, was handed Gold, as was Mother’s "Piano" spot for Match.com.
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO continued its impressive week with two Silvers, both for its Guinness "Bring to life" campaign, while Silvers also went to WCRS for Weetabix, Jack Morton London for Nokia, RKCR/Y&R for its "Breathe" COI spot and Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Johnnie Walker.
BBH picked up an additional Bronze for its "Economy Drive" spot for Audi.
Overall the judges handed out 42 Lions, including 11 Golds, 22 Silvers, and 9 Bronze.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Global Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Editor Dot-Gap £28k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Field Business Development Manager - Marketing Tech for FMCG Brands Recruitment Revolution c£45,000 Basic + £75,000 OTE (uncapped), Leicester, Leicestershire
- Brand Manager Better Placed Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits , London (North), London (Greater)
- Graphic Designer (Visual Merchandising & Marketing) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £20000 - £21000 per annum + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India