US agencies dominate Titanium & Integrated Lions
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 26 June 2010 09:00PM
CANNES 2010 - Crispin Porter & Bogusky and Wieden & Kennedy Portland have taken the top prizes in this year's Cannes Lions Titanium & Integrated category.
Crispin scooped the Titanium Grand Prix for its "Twelpforce" campaign for Best Buy, which gave customers real-time expert technical help from a Best Buy staff member via Twitter, while Wieden & Kennedy Portland continued its impressive Cannes performance thanks to its "Livestrong" campaign for the Nike Livestrong Foundation.
The campaign helped to raise awareness of cancer by spraying messages of hope onto the Tour De France circuit during the race, using a special "Chalkbot" machine.
Overall, 16 Lions were handed out in the category, with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO the only UK agency to emerge victorious.
AMV BBDO won Gold for its "Choose a different ending" work for The Metropolitan Police, which has already won Gold this week in Direct.
Three other Gold Lions were awarded, for campaigns including "Replay", created for Gatorade by TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles. The work had already scooped two Grand Prix this week, in the Promo & Activation and PR categories.
The US was easily the most decorated country on the list, with ten of the 16 awards going to a US shop. The other countries to feature were Australia, Sweden, Brazil and New Zealand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Automation Manager (Demand Generation) - Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Company Benefits Package , Oxford, Oxfordshire
- Brand Strategist - award winning brand consultancy JEFFERSON 80-90k plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Design Director Major Players Ã‚£50000 - Ã‚£65000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Designer x2 Major Players Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum, London
- Marketing and Insight Project Manager Salt Ã‚£300 - Ã‚£400 per day, Bristol