US agencies dominate Titanium & Integrated Lions
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 26 June 2010 09:00PM
CANNES 2010 - Crispin Porter & Bogusky and Wieden & Kennedy Portland have taken the top prizes in this year's Cannes Lions Titanium & Integrated category.
Crispin scooped the Titanium Grand Prix for its "Twelpforce" campaign for Best Buy, which gave customers real-time expert technical help from a Best Buy staff member via Twitter, while Wieden & Kennedy Portland continued its impressive Cannes performance thanks to its "Livestrong" campaign for the Nike Livestrong Foundation.
The campaign helped to raise awareness of cancer by spraying messages of hope onto the Tour De France circuit during the race, using a special "Chalkbot" machine.
Overall, 16 Lions were handed out in the category, with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO the only UK agency to emerge victorious.
AMV BBDO won Gold for its "Choose a different ending" work for The Metropolitan Police, which has already won Gold this week in Direct.
Three other Gold Lions were awarded, for campaigns including "Replay", created for Gatorade by TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles. The work had already scooped two Grand Prix this week, in the Promo & Activation and PR categories.
The US was easily the most decorated country on the list, with ten of the 16 awards going to a US shop. The other countries to feature were Australia, Sweden, Brazil and New Zealand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- UK Marketing Controller Better Placed Recruitment £40000 - £49000 per annum + Car Allowance + Bonus , Greater Manchester
- Senior Account Director Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment Competitive Salary, Birmingham
- Brand Manager Sky negotiable, Middlesex
- Web Designer / Front-End Designer / Digital Creative Guru Careers £35 - 50k DOE, Based in Angel, London (WC1)
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity