US agencies dominate Titanium & Integrated Lions
By Matt Williams, campaignlive.co.uk, Saturday, 26 June 2010 09:00PM
CANNES 2010 - Crispin Porter & Bogusky and Wieden & Kennedy Portland have taken the top prizes in this year's Cannes Lions Titanium & Integrated category.
Crispin scooped the Titanium Grand Prix for its "Twelpforce" campaign for Best Buy, which gave customers real-time expert technical help from a Best Buy staff member via Twitter, while Wieden & Kennedy Portland continued its impressive Cannes performance thanks to its "Livestrong" campaign for the Nike Livestrong Foundation.
The campaign helped to raise awareness of cancer by spraying messages of hope onto the Tour De France circuit during the race, using a special "Chalkbot" machine.
Overall, 16 Lions were handed out in the category, with Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO the only UK agency to emerge victorious.
AMV BBDO won Gold for its "Choose a different ending" work for The Metropolitan Police, which has already won Gold this week in Direct.
Three other Gold Lions were awarded, for campaigns including "Replay", created for Gatorade by TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles. The work had already scooped two Grand Prix this week, in the Promo & Activation and PR categories.
The US was easily the most decorated country on the list, with ten of the 16 awards going to a US shop. The other countries to feature were Australia, Sweden, Brazil and New Zealand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film